Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

We’ll look into the spawning issue, thanks. The bosses are only guaranteed to drop one piece of loot per group. Everyone still gets a "regular’ change to roll, though, so sometimes you may have two people get loot instead of just one.

We are getting ready to shut down the server to release a new patch here in about 10 minutes. Please stand by.

thanks for the response :slight_smile:

Okay, so it took waaay longer than I thought to get that patch out, sorry about that.

In particular:

• Fixed a series of bugs that could result in Warrior shileds being “healed” (this was never supposed to happen).
  • Fixed various quest bugs.
  • Re-worked the spawners in the Wilds zones so that they are more randomized and spread out so you can’t just “spawn camp” a single spot.
  • Fixed pets so that the damage they do is consistent and they can’t kill whole mosnters by themselves if you are really high level.
  • Fixed the Wolves in the wilds zones so that their mechanic should now work properly.

Thanks!

We just pushed out a server-side patch that did the following:

• Fixed a major bug where Phys Def and Mag Def stats were counting for waaay more than intended. Like, seriously, if you had on Epic Gear you must have just been sleeping through content.
  • Fixed a bug where Pyramid Men were in the Greater Obnobi Desert and they were dropping Epics. If you want Epics you are supposed to have to kill aberrations

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I am trying to take the airship to guild city but no matter what I do i’m unable to get off the airship when it stops.

You should use the Teleporter and point it at the “box” closest to you (the one on the Airship itself) and then it should take you to the platform. If that’s not working let us know what particularly is going wrong (the teleporter isn’t showing up, or…?)

I tried that. The line was staying red no matter where into the box I pointed it to. I was unable to teleport off the ship. I actually tried this twice.

Edit: there was only one box, where the exit was supposed to be.

Okay, sorry, it might be broken. In the mean time you can just walk to Guild City from Highsteppe to keep questing.

It’s cool no need to apologize, that is what testing is for! I sent an actual bug report just thought i’d post here as well since i’d seen yall posting here. ^^

I actually have a couple more bugs to send in I am about to get to.

Today’s feedback:

• In Lucian Plains there are 2 NPCs inside each other. https://i.imgur.com/VjvyKIN.jpg
  • The teleport is way faster then sliding, 100% sure.
  • I left in the house before the patch and when i logged i was under the house, that point is marked as “wild zone”.
  • You can abuse of the “Stuck in combat” option to escape by spamming the option while running.
  • The crabs in the wilds were focusing me all the time, no matter tank, dps or everything else.
  • Too many disconnects in combat.
  • Old glitch still in game: sometimes the special arrows show even without taking the bow/arrow

So you already know we get stuck on close teleport and sword rush (must tp before trackpad works again). Well the enemies have been entering our bodies more than usual and I think that’s when the sword skips across multiple enemies. When this happens we have to teleport in order to trackpad as well. Fix that and we may be good on the multi hit issue. Can any other warriors confirm? @Allen_The_Bard @Padis

1 Like

I was in a group of 2 yesterday and only one of us was getting the xp chain. We were the same level and killing pink triangle and above. We figured out that the last person that entered the zone would get the xp bonus.

Padis had the same problem while grinding with me, i could see the chain bonus but he had to remake the party like 3 times to see it. I found it ever happened after my disconnects.

Fishing

So according to the wiki page “If you’re lucky, while you’re reeling in the line you will get a bite. If that happens you’ll feel a heavy rumble on your controller.”

I’m playing using the Oculus Rift, and i am not feeling any heavy rumble on my controller, just sit there reeling in, then get a random message saying my fish got away :frowning:

Tried fishing til i had about 5 randomly get away without even knowing they were biting before calling it quits… anyone else on the Rift having this same issue?

I think the problem is that the vibration from turning the reel while reeling in is about the same strength as when a fish bites it seems? So if you are reeling in you will never be able to tell when an actual fish is biting :frowning:

Okay thanks for the feedback well have to look into making it rumble harder while bitting, or less while reeling. One thing you could do until we get it patched (if you still want to try out the fishing) is just cast the lure out and leave it, it will work its way towards shore on its own (did this so players could manage inventory, talk, interact with other players) without having to reel in the line constantly.

Here in about 10 minutes we will be taking down the server to issue a new patch. Please stand by.

The player mail messages don’t give a notification infront of you anymore. Never see the mail until I click the mail icon then I don’t know how old it is.

Edit: also sometimes when I grab the horn my shield gets put away. I may be the minority but maybe try having the right “sheath” spot moved back a bit? Or I’ll just gitgud and aim lower. Nothing like holding a horn then blocking with your wrist

There’s a new patch available now, restart your launcher to get it. Changes:

• The “tentacle” monster is now present in the Greater Lucian Wilds, replacing the Crab that was in that zone previously. This is a new aberration type.
  • Increased the slide movement speed outside of combat by around 20% to match the new speed at which people can teleport to get places.
  • Introduced Affixes to Epic-level Weapon equipment drops. These are powerful additions to the weapon that have unique effects. NOTE: The effects aren’t in yet, they don’t actually do anything, but they will be implemented for the next test. So if you want to grind for one that sounds like your cup of tea now you can do so, but it won’t actually work until next test.
  • There is now a very small chance that when a piece of armor or a weapon drops that is Epic or Legendary level, it will roll as a “Perfect” drop. This means that it will be guaranteed to have the maximum possible secondary stats (e.g. Intellect, Strength, etc.).
  • Changed the Goat Aberration in the Wilds not only use a single forward-facing AoE effect for now while we track down a bug with the “slash” type AoE effect.
  • Slightly reduced the base attack of elites throughout the world.
  • Attempted to hopefully fix a bug which could sometimes cause Musketeer orbs not to regenerate while in combat.
  • Reduced the base damage caused by the Crab Aberration leap attack.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve added a list of all the affixes available on this page: https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Equipment

Note that rings don’t currently drop from anything so there is no way to get a ring with those affixes yet.