Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

i’ve been grinding aberration for 3 days not elites, no epic loot at all

Have you been getting Rare drops from those and just not Epic drops? Also have you been seeing other people get Epic drops?

I just pushed out a server-side patch that:

• Hopefully helped fix the issue where monster AoE attacks seem to be hitting people outside the indicated area.
  • Reduced the roam distance of the Wilds creatures and increased slightly their “give up” distance, so that you should no longer be able to aggro just one part of an Aberration group.

In addition to that, I did increase the chance of receiving Epic drops. Regarding Epic drop rate, I think as I said there is a bit of a misconception on how hard that gear is to get because it was dropping like candy the first part of this test both because Pyramid Heads were dropping it and because there were the bugs making Aberration groups extremely easy.

The idea is that it should be pretty easy to get a Rare-level 20 set, and then pretty difficult (like, multiple days of grinding) to get a Epic-level 20 set, and extremely difficulty (multiple weeks of grinding) to get a Legendary-level 20 set. It’s also important to note that the Wilds monsters do drop Epic gear, but they are not intended to be the “best” source of Epic gear. The bosses in the end-game dungeon are more than twice as likely to drop Epics, and they are always guaranteed to drop one piece of loot on each kill (whereas Wilds Aberrations are not), so that is really where you will be going to grind up your Epic set. It just happens that right now that dungeon isn’t in the game yet, so the Wilds are all that you have to work with.

However, since the Aberration groups are now harder to kill, I went ahead and increased the drop rate and we’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

yop, same problem here.

Anyway i have also problem with combos when i coming near to enemy i must be in the right position (which is sometimes problem if i am not in the center of default calibrated position) to admit sword swing and take a damage (it skips some swings) i don’t know if problem is in hitboxes or in the in-game or RL position, or because of Oculus Touch predictions (Touch are predicting movement, so when you swing with controller very fast - which means the movement detection is not 1:1)

There is a typo with sicilus wile you are talking to them about the knights. “The knights want to test you wit so they sent you to me huh?” It’s the second or third dialogue with sicilus on the quest “the first trial”.

Edit: there is also the same typo for the description of Sicilus Riddle “Think on what Scholar Sicilus has set before you. Make a wise decision and prove to her you wit.”

thanks got it fixed, it will in next test

the 100+ was a combination of bird crab cactuar pyramid head. i was getting epic drops on Friday and Saturday then it just stopped. i am a musket will half epic gear that has 94 physical and 97 magic resistance and it is on the main aberration was easyist to get a base line on the cactuar but the others are similar. also i have been getting green and blue drops and have watched most everyone in my groups get epics maybe im just having bad loot roles but seem like they were there and now there not example Friday and Saturday i got 2 epic hats epic gloves and 3 epic guns Sunday same farm pace nothing Monday and today lot less but still nothing

If you’re seeing other people get Epics it’s probably just bad luck. RNGesus can be cruel. I did increase the drop chance though.

I got epic shoulders today an hour into farming.

I got an epic sword with the lifesteal affix after maybe an hour of farming. Then nothing after that for the next 3 hours. I hate and love RNG

After patch feedback:

• The aoe work perfectly now
  • I finally got 2 epic drops (thanks for the chance increase :smiley:) so yeah it just was my usual bad luck stronger than ever…
  • I don’t understand the cage’s effect of the new aberration, sometimes i can move even with the debuff and sometimes i can’t
  • I got a few disconnects in combat even this time, report sent.
  • The dummy doesn’t take the damage of many of my hits. (it has nothing to do with ranger’s cap because i was shooting slower and it didn’t even show the 1 damage)

Umm a little while ago I was farming by old Kingsport and my exp was like 1/3 the way to 17, and when I entered the mini-dungeon there my exp got set back to zero. This happened a little while ago and I just now remembered.

I have to ask a question of utmost importance… can you please increase the ranger’s arrows cap? =)

EDIT: also a technical question: my critical chance is 150, how much % equals a point?

Is there a way to make my shield look like a shield and not a giant thing of energy? Kinda bums out my class feeling.
Also at night (at least on the vive) its like having a bright flash light always shining on you. Lol

1 Like

During the Betas will any of our progress be saved or will it all be wiped at launch?

Wiped at launch. Everyone will start at level 1 when early access starts.

Just an update for anyone still doing the main story quests, when you get to the Wolf Shaman quest, and drink the potion, Once the potion wears off the first time, you will need to log off (return to login screen) and log back in before drinking the next potion, we are encountering a bug where the Light pillars/bones you need to see are only showing up the first time you drink the potion. We are trying to track down the bug, but a fix will not be implemented until next Beta test.

Just a heads up, chicken animations next to lakewood inn are not working.

thanks, is it just the attack animations (there arent any in game currently) or all the animations

Didn’t cross my mind before but is the home teleport supposed to work in the wilds? Right now it does. Really convenient but eventually it’ll be abused to get away from bandits

1 Like