Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

Yes I understand I can change it but I like opening it that way. The default way is with the controller button. I just don’t think it should be opening the menu when you are holding the pickaxe with that hand.

There were some questions earlier about Artificing and I haven’t done a great job getting the Wiki updated on that yet, so just a few quick pieces of info:

• To begin doing Artificing, you will need to have completed the Main Story quest through “Into the Wilds.” That will unlock the Runesight potion for you, and also the first set of runesmith tile recipes, HOWEVER:
  • The runesmith tile recipe pages aren’t actually in-game yet. They will be included in a patch which will go out tomorrow morning. If you have already completed the quest, then first thing after the patch you will be able to see the recipe.
  • The other tile recipes can be found in the world (along with other potion recipes). Once you find them they will unlock in your journal.
  • Once you have the Runesight potion, even if you don’t yet have any tiles, you can still take the potion to view patterns in other players and at least start figuring out what sets you might want to build. In addition to that, you will need a lot of ore to build the tiles themselves so it’s not a bad idea to start collecting that now.

Hope that helps!

First feedback since my controllers are dead:

• When you die in the wilds and drop the loot you can take it even if you’re dead
  • This happened only once but my loot disappeard after died in the wilds
  • The longbow’s string is still glitched
  • For some reasons i don’t have my helmet anymore
  • The bigger (and creepy) corrupted monster of the desert wilds has an invisible attack
  • I crashed three times only in the first hour but after this everything went fine.
  • Two times i couldn’t attack nothing (same bug as the others beta tests but last time i got disconnected when i was glitched, in this beta i have to manually relog.)

Okay, I’ll fix that “looting while dead” thing, haha. Thanks for all the feedback! Glad your crashing is fixed.

When you say you can’t attacking anything, what class are you? And which monster has an invisible attack?

A couple of issues that I had today.

-was fishing and the lure got stuck. no matter if I put the pole away, or left the area, or switched lure, the Lure would hang in the air and the line would extend as I walked away. The solution I found was too log out and log back in.

-Whiskey Cart. My journal now states that I have finished delivering the cart (done) and to speak with the guy outside of town to collect my award. I spoke with him and his text was the same as when I started the mission. And now he’s not talking.

-I am enjoying the speed slide/teleport bug

-The thunder was a bit too loud, but it was very atmospheric.

Having a beer and a break to cool off.
Cheers.

If that happens again, after you logout use the “Report a Bug” feature in teh launcher (in the bottom-left) to send us a report before you hop back in, that will help us track that down.

Outlander should be along shortly to give you some advice on the quest.

Thanks!

I’m a ranger, the arrows just pass through the monsters without hit, when this happened the others should see you stuck in a position.
I don’t know the name but in the desert wilds there are groups with a fox, an elk, a stag maybe? and a big and creepy monster which has that invisible attack.

Also just remembered the Lamavora’s stop of the airship is bugged, when you go up there it disappear and you can’t come back.
EDIT: also the snow tigers left you stuck in combat every time.

So you had the can’t attack glitch happen twice in how many hours of playtime? Like 2 or 3 hours? Or less/more?

I’ll check in the Whiskey trader quest, I think it should be good now but I need to jump in game and test it still. How long ago did you try talking to him?

Almost 8 hours, i logged in at test start and now i’m charging the controllers to hop in back lol

Hi Robert,
It was probably about 825 EST.
I just logged in again, and he still has no ! or ? and the quest is still in my book.
Thanks,
Jeph

First, a question… Are wands black with no graphics or just mine?

Also, whenever I pick up an item I can’t seem to interact with the menu. It comes up but I can’t open the inventory or any of the settings unless I go out of the client and back in, then it functions normally until I pickup something else…

Only issues I’ve had so far.

ya hes still broken, I will work on getting it fixed tonight or in the morning when we push out a new patch. Thanks for looking.

Vulcan if you can send us a log next time it happens, there is a report feature at the lower left of the Launcher. Just close out of the program completely and re launch launcher and send it before you log back in, Thanks

Edit: all beginner wands are black, from the branch of the Yuckaw tree.

the name is cactus elite

Hey. I’m still experiencing a problem I found a couple betas ago.
I’m using an Oculus so the stick isn’t used for casting.
I can’t turn/rotate with the stick when I have my wand out. I have to put it away, turn, and take it out again.

@Riley_D So I just pulled and killed (solo) red X and a blue star mob together, at level 11 (Warrior). Soloing a blue star (chimera looking mobs in the desert), I can usually kill it before my shield breaks. You said in the last test that we should not be able to solo these. I’m uncertain if it has to do with the fact that I have full blue gear, just wanted to let you know that they’re still pretty easy to kill.

The arrow glitch if so that it’s held wrong is still an issue, I was playing with a guy and he got disconnected and his body stayed standing there even after he came back. It remained there for the next few hours and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still there. I had multiple disconnects, also the guy I was with reported going through the witches cave door and teleporting to the chefs shack. The wand writing needs a lot of fine tuning as well. Oh and my friend encountered a bug where during the setup for the town festival, he was unable to see the pegs until he reset. That’s my day 1, feedback. Oh and on a side note, the main source of XP (quests) and the XP is only given to the class you finish the quest with which I find difficult, because it makes switching classes really hard because you’ll have to go back to the starting area and grind for much longer. Daily Repeatable quests may help however.

Game is crashing randomly to desktop for some reason.

PC: i5 - 7600K, GTX 1080, RAM 16GB (3200MHz)
Headset: Oculus Rift

Error Log Details: https://pastebin.com/ag5AAg7w

Information Details: https://pastebin.com/vXKFxiag

ther is an NPC under water in the lake around the guild city.

1 Like