Closed Beta 4 Feedback

Grilled meat could provide faster stamina recovery. You could grind herbs and use them as seasoning to add additional effects. The possibilities are endless. I’d really love to see something like this. Right now every recipe has the same result. Adding the option to use seasoning or salt and pepper or stuff like that would make it so much more interesting. So you have the basic recipe but yo ucan add additional ingredients to enhance the basic effect or to add new effects to it.

1 Like

i’m on board :wink: but i’m new to betas so idk how much is too much to ask for :stuck_out_tongue: always good to give random cool ideas, you never know!

1 Like

I’d love this, maybe just give rested XP, and so can spending time in your personal home. incentivizing taking time to do your crafts, do whtever else the personal home has to offer/ will have to offer on the future. would make people have to travel through the world more often instead of parking your toon in the spot you were grinding at last time.

Any update on the dungeon group finder? I think that will be pretty important once EA rolls around. Even this test I’ve seen players having trouble forming groups for them so many players haven’t experienced them yet

2 Likes

Thank you for putting the training dummy in!

Two things, could you please add a ton of life to the lvl 20 training dummy.It currently dies way to quickly. Give it boss HP maybe. Also, could you please move the training dummies away from each other. They often stack and hard to see damage. It would be great to see a lvl 20 training dummy in the guild hall. Right now if a ton of people are hitting it, hard to see your damage.

2 Likes

That’s definitely an interesting idea!

So basically with the two different crafting disciplines we decided on two different approaches. Alchemy is all about precisely following the recipe and gathering ingredients. When you do Artificing, on the other hand, it’s much more a free-form system where you just get the building blocks but what you build with it is up to you to discover.

It should be in before EA.

We will add some more health and move it a little yeah.

4 Likes

We just issued a quick server restart to fix a questing bug, if you were unable to pick up some quest items before (such as a certain cube in the Jungle) it should work for you now. Thanks!

I made it to the pilgrim quest… and with that I will end the main quest and ignore it. The pilgrim is very slow and walks really stupid paths. He walks in a stuttering manner and it’s a pain to watch. Right before making it I to the village he is attacked by three wolves at once. There was nothing I could do but watch him get eaten. I am not gonna do all that again. This quest is the worst thing I’ve encountered in the game up to this point. It’s slow and annoying and u can not even Cast healing on the pilgrim. Please do something about this. It was very frustrating. From now on I’ll just explore the area and grind away on mobs.

lol. I failed that quest too and stopped questing for a bit. but I guess you can take that in a few different ways. either how you’ve taken it. or maybe do what i did and think: “Well that was annoying, I won’t be doing that quest solo again.”

maybe you’re assuming it’s a traditional PC mmo and not a world where you have to do everything. IF you were acting out the actions of any of those MMos you have played, do you think you wouldn’t easily understand where to go and what to do? without a minimap, without quest arrows and all the guidance you get on traditional MMOs. i don’t know if you remember vanilla world of warcraft, or older MMOs before the internet… nobody knew anything and you needed to ask people (become part of the world’s community). Even questing was difficult and vague but reading quest text was your best bet. you’ll find that a lot of the information for quests is in the quest text(which i skip always, though i won’t come launch for the full experience). I don’t think this game would be fun if it was easier. getting past road blocks gives value to your character. if it takes effort for each boat you kill, you know the levels and items you earned are worth something: time and effort (not to mention rarities)

Okay, so, a few thoughts:

1. Keep in mind the game is in Beta. If you are expecting a perfect experience at this point, or you are going to say “I give up, this sucks, I’m done” because you encounter something not working properly, my recommendation is that you wait until the game is officially released…Beta literally means “expect bugs.” (Also, that’s totally fine! I don’t play Betas for a lot of things because it can be frustrating and that’s totally OK!)

2. On that quest in particular, you can choose to go ahead on the path and pre-emptively clear the way for the pilgrim if you want to not have to fight off 3 wolves at once.

Honestly this is something that I really struggle with. It seems like modern MMOs have perpetuated this belief that if everything in the game outside of a dungeon can’t be done solo, then the game is broken. That applies to quests, and it also applies to information (e.g. if there’s not a hand-holding tutorial for every single in-game mechanic, then something is wrong).

This game is designed with an old-school flavor like Vanilla WoW or Final Fantasy XI. The assumption is that you are going to interact with the community. If you come across a quest that you are finding too difficult to complete, it might be time to seek out some help. That doesn’t mean its broken, it means this is an MMO. Likewise, you will find out a lot about the game by talking to other players and listening to what they have to say.

So I guess my point being, we will definitely take a look at quests that are turning into bottleknecks for folks, and if this is one we can take a look at that. But just because it’s too difficult to solo on the very first try, doesn’t mean it’s a terrible and poorly designed quest.

1 Like

I agree with Riley.

Although to play on their side.
The main quest line perhaps should be solo able to appease the regulars or you are going to lose people like this.

I think what WoW had was “Wanted: Missions” where the recommendation was “3 Players” on the quest.
These could be side missions that speed up the leveling experience for those who want to group and play a MMO.

This is assuming that the Pilgrim quest is needed to continue the main quest line.

But thats not what its about at all. I dont want to be spoon fed. The games doesnt have to put everything into my face. However, it should give more clues. If it doesnt highlight stuff then it should at least allow me to get familiar with the objective or direction or whatever before sending me into a unknown world. I mean, finding the chefs house is a good example… the house looks the same as every other house… it should not… it should have a visible sign on top or infront of the house with the model of a sausage and a piece of meat… that alone would be a great indicator that somebody who has to do with meat would live there… its propably the chef and I know this even without having a big quest marker “go here” placed infront of the door. Same with finding those mushrooms in the chef quest. There could be a large tree around the mushrooms that looks different from all other trees. The NPC could then tell you to go into that direction until you find a fancy looking tree. Again, no quest marker but just a landmark that stands out and acts as a guideline. Thats the kind of “help” I am looking for.

I also have to disagree that levels are worth anything… they are not. Yeah, I get a fancy level-up effect, but I do not unlock anything… it doesnt feel worth my time actually. I do enjoy combat most of the time and thats what keeps me going.

Nah, I am not expecting a perfect experience and I wouldnt even want to. I love to help shape digital worlds by providing feedback. I am not giving up just yet… in fact I trie the same quest 4 more times and still couldnt do it. I have a game dev background myself and I think I can actually provide some helpful hints.

Clearing the way was not possible. If I move too far away from the NPC he will run all the way back to the start. Once 3 wolves have him as a target I can not deal enough damage with my best weapons as a level 6 musketeer… so I have to redo. So, yeah, still stuck. I think the ability to use my healing ammo on the NPC would help a lot. Maybe the NPC could stop on some spots and wait until you wave to him to give him the command to move on… that way I could at least clear the path that is near to him at that time.

I really like that the game is hard, but this quest is not really as hard… it just seems slow, broken and unbalanced. Add to that that this is a beta and not many people are around and my chances to do it at my current level (6) are pretty low. My best bet right now is to grind until I deal a lot more damage… and thats propably what I’ll do next.

I really like how you take your time to talk to the community. Please keep doing this. However, I tried this quest a total of 5 times now and could not make it. I think we need more control over the NPC like mentioned above.

Oh, and if I got you attention right now I’d be very happy if you could take a look at my previous post with comments from my first few hours in OrbusVR. Thanks a lot. Closed Beta 4 Feedback

1 Like

I read your post when you originally posted it (I read everything on the forums). I appreciate you posting that feedback.

1 Like

On that note, I went through the feedback everyone’s posted today and yesterday and filed a bunch of stuff that needs improvement internally. We really appreciate everyone’s thoughts! Keep them coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

to be fair the quest text said the house with two chimneys, and that’s the only one with two chimneys :slight_smile:

but yeah some signs for food would be a welcome inclusion. but i’m assuming art assets aren’t easy or quick. but i’m sure we’ll see it eventually.

another thing to take into account is maybe a lvl 6 musketeer is too low lvl. in a lot of mmos you would reach points where the next quest was too difficult for you and would show up in red letters. in this game there’s no red letters, just your deaths to tell you now is not the time to do that quest. i tried it as lvl 8 warrior, wasn’t able to do it first try but i am bad sooo

1 Like

I really like the idea of the campfires and cooking. It would be a great break between fighting, and would be neat to stumble across a party resting at a campfire.

3 Likes

and in terms of levels, they DO have intrinsic value based upon the fact you cannot get them easily. if you don’t value the sweat you put into your character maybe your in this game for the wrong reason. maybe a non VR MMO is more your flavor. you won’t get tired at all and leveling is a matter of repetition but for longer spurts of time in those games

Dunno what that wrong reason could be? Wanting to have fun exploring an open world? “This game might not be for you” is not an answer I’ll accept… sorry. I’ve been playing lots of mmorpgs and lots of games and my main gripes about OrbusVR is not the difficulty as in “challenge” but the way it “hides” information instead of open heartedly presenting them.

I am done now with another OrbusVR Session of about 4 to 5 hours.

I didn’t collect as much today, but I think thats fine.
My main problem was that pilgrim quest I already talked about earlier. In the end another Player (Padis) offered his help and we cleared the quest.

Now onto the other things I wrote down today:

I think the game needs more vibration for some action. I play a musketeer all of the time and shooting doesnt make the controller vibrate…picking up ammo doesnt cause a vibration… getting hit by an enemy doesnt cause a vibration… I think there should be more haptic feedback for the player.

The next thing was the exp bar of the player. Did you consider moving it away from the top of the screen? Maybe paste it on the arm of the player? Why have it present all the time anyway? I think its not an element that needs to be present all the time as it wont even move a lot regulary the higher your level gets.

When I started playing nighttime was just starting. The graphical transition from day to night feels very unnatural. There is a time in the cycle from day to night where the sky is already dark but the surrounding area like trees, bushes and enemies are still receiving light as if it was daytime.

Oh, I also suggest that when using the teleporting mechanism far away entry points for bridges, stairs and such should not be highlighted. I can stand very far away from those and still get those highlighted even I cant even see the actual entry. This might also help in improving the framerate as there is less to calculate and to highlight cause you arent even near enough to enter anyway.

My other thoughts are all about game progression but I would like to collect more impressions before writing about it. But to make it short right now I feel like there isn’t a lot of progression on my character. I do discover new areas and thats great fun, but my character doesnt seem to improve in any way but a few more hitpoints from a level up. Im gonna talk more about this later but thats it from me for now :slight_smile:

Hope to see ya ingame next time!