Closed Beta 4 Feedback

You mean the line is thin?

2 Likes

Where do you guys typically meet up in game for dungeon runs? at the dungeon entrance or in starting town?

I think starter town is by far the better bet, usually meet up there then teleport near the dungeon.

2 Likes

There’s a way to get into into and under the lake in one of the jungle towns. Don’t remember the name, but it’s the hourglass teleport

Yeah exactly, sorry. English isn’t my native language. The line is thin and so u have to really focus on it to see it.

There is a new patch out on both the client and server. In particular:

• Fixed a series of bugs that were keeping people stuck in combat. One change this caused is that now if a monster retreats from you (because it has traveled too far from its home point), DoT effects placed on you by that monster will be removed. Please let me know if you are still needing to use the Stuck Combat button because I would like to remove it in the next week or so!
  • Hopefully fixed an issue with the line not reeling in at the correct speed when on Ultra graphics settings.
  • Removed ability to delete Teleportation Device and Ranger ability arrows from your inventory.
  • Removed ability to delete default “beginner” weapons from your inventory. Now the original weapons you are given when first starting the game cannot be destroyed. Higher-attack versions of those weapons that you find as loot drops will continue to be able to be broken down. However, note that any existing beginner weapons with higher attack power you previously had can’t be broken down now…this won’t be an issue after the reset, but let me know if it’s a problem for you now.
  • Added firing visual effects and haptic feedback to the Musketeer gun.
  • Re-did spell, explosion, and ability effects for several classes (including Runemage) and enemies to better match the new art style.
  • The “hotspots” on the Journal that allow you to turn the pages have been greatly increased in size.
  • Fixed a bug causing ingredients on crafting tables to become washed out over time.
  • Increased shadow quality while indoors.
  • Added in fading-to-black when first logging into the game on Oculus Rift.
  • Various quest bugfixes.

If you need an alternate download other than the Launcher, here is the pre-patched download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17JRq45QCF8o2jchsk1NzG8WLqMYQO9pT/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Sounds great! Please make sure to provide a google drive link or another alternate download option cause the patcher is still really slow for some people (like me)

It’s safe to assume I am working on that, it just takes a few moments to get uploaded. (It’s added to the post now.)

1 Like

I have a few more things that came to mind :slight_smile:

Weight-limit
I couldn’t find anything bout it and never really paid attention, but is there a way to increase weight-limit? Does the level increase it? I mean, we got 5 Tabs of inventory…but I doubt we could ever fill it without beeing incredibly overweight :smiley: Not that it wouldnt be something to work with (especially if u can use portals) but still, is there a way to increase that limit?

Scribbles
I think it would be nice if we could write text and draw scribbles into our journal. I am mostly fine with the game “hiding” some information but I think it would be awesome if we could write stuff down into our journal or doodle on the pages to take our own notes.

Badges
I thought that it might be a fun thing if armors had slots for badges. A badge would just be cosmetic, but different quests or dungeon could provide you with a badge that you can then attach to your armor to show of. People would recognize how much of a badass you are when you have the badge attached which shows u reached level 20… or the badge you get when killing 100 boss monsters

Locomotion
I am slowly trying to get used to locomotion, but I have two requests bout it.
First off I’d really like to be able to enable locomotion only for one of my vive touchpads. I would only want it to work on the left touchpad (I am right-handed) and not on the right one. This would really help me.
Another things is a “comfot-mode”. I am not sure if you are familiar with the Serious Sam VR games, but those have a comfort mode which does nothing but hide the border of the screen when you move with locomotion. With this system I never get motion-sick and it would be great if that could be a toggleable option.

Movement-restrictions
There are lots of places in the game that I would like to explore, such as smaller hills or slopes on mountains (where even the sheep can walk) but we can not walk up there… it really is a shame :frowning: I wish we could have more freedom with some areas. When I was in a party we all agreed that it would be nice if we could walk on some areas that are currently restricted… it feels pretty limiting.

Beside all this I just want to let you know that I really had a blast in Orbus the past two days. The first 3 days I played mostly alone. At first it was fun, then I was frustrated bout not getting anything done. I was about to ignore the game… but then I teamed up with people and I had a absolute blast! The game is incredible once you team up!

For some reason i’m casting spells from calibrated center and i can’t control them https://youtu.be/n_aws4N1kU4

Few bugs to report

• The NPC gave me a 2nd Teleportation device… at that time I already had such a device in my bag but not equipped on my character
  • When I tried alchemy I grabbed a roto spore with my right hand and a queens ear with my left hand. I couldn’t let go of the queens ear and it was stuck on my hand
  • Very often tooltips wont show up no matter what. When they show up it takes to long in my opinion
  • I really like the new magic effects (maybe also work on ranger effects? :P) but the trail sometimes seems to be faster then the actual spell
  • The light emitting spell emitts yellowish light, but with the new effects the spell itself is white/blueish …but the emitted light is still yellowish… thats really weird
  • sometimes it happens that I have to open doors all the way before warping starts

I really like the new magic effects. They look so much better. I hope you will also revisit the effects on other classes because they kinda look out of place now with the runemage spells lookin this nice!

1 Like

Snow Moose are still invisible in Snow area, but they have hitboxes and you can kill them

some of those cool effects for other classes should maybe be attained later in the game, we gotta keep in mind we need something to work towards in an MMO. I think i’m ok with archer atm because they have a lot to manage early on and there’s a lot of room for improvement. Warrior is just shield and sword and you can train on an actual dummy so it’s legit and there’s some room to grow. Mages have the most room to grow right now, and though i haven’t played much i guess the gunner has some room to grow(though it seems pretty faceroll/spam to me).

I’m hoping new more powerful and complicated/complex spells and attacks for each class get introduced into the game but I want that to be unlocked through something that requires effort and time and hopefully skill.

I’m curious to see how the game evolves around it’s players. How good at their game will we become? what challenges will we demand?

as far as the bugs you mentioned, sure fix em. I guess there are some kinks here and there, but in VR i ignore a lot that I wouldn’t in a normal nonVR game. The experiences i do get to have outweigh the immersion of opening a door or whatever

1 Like

I got a really evil bug to report

When using locomotion and you have your thumb down on the trackpad and then (while still moving) use you pickaxe you will still move even if you lift of the finger you used for locomotion. This is really bad and gave me bad motion sickness. Moving without wanting to move in VR is evil… I hope you can fix this one

Is there any way to change the color of the shield bar? or the shield? blue in blue :frowning: i can’t see how much shield I have

When using the spread arrow as a ranger its always spread out horizontal. I wish it would align with the angle that I am holding the bow :frowning:

1 Like

Theres a bunch of graphical glitches in the 1st dungeon for me only it seems.
I have not had this before and a restart doesn’t resolve it.
Playin on low graphics.

There are also spell effects remaining in the world and I believe other people have seen them also.

I also keep getting a bug where if I teleport or leave my house, I have unlimited view distance without any fog.

About the first dungeon, you can fly near the bridge.

1 Like

When I was in the first dungeon with a 3-people-party and I went outside first I respawned below the trainign ground. I had to use the “Graveyard” option :frowning: I hope this gets fixed

Here is also that glitched area in the “Shadow” men area by the broken house.

Also my name on the forums shows that I’m a backer although I am a founder.