Closed Beta 4 Feedback

The building in lucian wilds disappeared until i relogged https://i.imgur.com/3EHcdTN.jpg
Also there are a lot of flying flowers near some walls in that zone

1. There is a small bit of visual, and sound, feedback when you perform a combo correctly. I agree that it could be increased a bit though as a QoL thing.
  2. This has been asked many many times, and Riley has already made it much easier to detect than it was originally. It’s been made a point that casting runes should be somewhat difficult, and should be something that you’ll need to do for many many hours in order to master casting them.
  3. You can talk to party members, regardless of distance, by grabbing your compass and talking into it. (once it turns red when you hold it near your mouth)

Hi there, just logged in yesterday a bit 1h or so, didnt have time to test since last alpha, willing to say that things look quite Great!!

Small issues i found,
Journal:

• the order of the pages appar to be random after one of them updates
  • some pages disapperar when you flip the page and return when opening the journal again.
  • the image of the map, seems croped on the left side, making the first mission dificult because you the king stag name is not fully displayed.
  • there is the city names on the map?
  • Suggestion, its posible to add tabs on top of the journal, one for map, others quest, others tutorials and recipes.

Text and notifications ( i mean the text that apear when progressing missions or some other times)

• I feel the notifications ar a bit too low relative to central eye vision
  • texts fade/fall a little too fast,
  • with tose 2 issues if the notification is a long text i dont have time to read it all before it disapears.

Movement (Using the vivemotes)

• slide locomotion:
    • Speed is not always the same or i have some problems with the trackpad.
    • how it works? when touching the edges of the trackpad should move at the fastest speed in that direction?

Death

• at level 3 died and my equipment didnt take durability damage.

Shops

• Its posible to sell things?

Later today i will test more and be more precise of things.

Last thing, the giant potion was amazing!!!

I found this texture discrepancy before entering Snow Zone http://img.padis.cz/BCOmN.jpg

I found a problem, last night when we was grinding, we went to discord voice chat and mute each other in game for eliminate voice echo. The problem is that when I met one of these guys today he actually can’t hear me and i can’t hear him, we tried to unmute but it didn’t work.

After messing with both shields I think I have a pretty good grasp on them.
The large shield is pretty much the same. Horn isn’t fixed (which I’m sure you know) but I don’t notice any default extra threat. Crummy damage is ok. I like it for the group setting.

Small shield has 0 threat gen. Well, close to. Trying to tank with the dps stance isn’t possible (by design? I know it was intended to be less tanky). Damage output is ok. It’s fun which is the goal. So good job on that. The shield is so weak it’s only good for a couple hits. Seems too low for the damage gain. Not very good for soloing because it breaks instantly then you just get pummeled.

Lifesteal works. Crummy health gen (because our health pool is large to begin with?) maybe it would be better for a ranger though affixes being class specific kind of sucks. Maybe just needs balancing. You heal a sliver then lose 10x more than you healed from the next attack.

Iceheart works. Also really weak probably compared to more dps type classes. I used both shields when testing.

Good thing is everything but the horn functions. Needs some balancing but it’s in a good direction.

Edit: would you mind checking the current hp of the small shield? I think it might not actually be 50%.

Can you please confirm pine cones are in the game? I still can’t find them anywhere. They never showed up in last test either.

It’s determined by how far toward the edge of the trackpad you are touching, but also you go in the direction your hand is pointed towards (by default, anyway). So be sure you are pointing your controller flat in the direction you want to go…if for example you point it up/down you will go slower/faster.

You don’t start taking durability damage until Level 4.

Yep, go to the Apprentice Smiths and you can sell them things from your inventory that are Tradable.

Hmmm…but other people in-game can hear both of you?

The amount of threat you are generating with the Big Shield should be equivalent to what it was last test. It’s boosted in the sense that you are doing a lot less damage, but the same amount of threat (because the threat per damage point has been increased).

I will check but it should be 50% of your HP bar…what mobs are you fighting that it’s breaking after a couple of hits? Elites? Or regular same-level mobs?

I mean at this point the Warrior’s damage output is pretty balanced versus the other classes when in DPS stance. By that I mean, you have +50% HP (via the shield), and you already have 20% additional natural armor (via your plate armor). So assuming you are doing your combos fairly frequently, you should be doing about as much damage as a Musketeer using about half DPS/half healing orbs. The idea is that you have a little less damage output than say a Ranger because you have more survivability (even in DPS stance) than they do.

It seems like you are trying to compare the new Warrior balance to the previous balance…the Warrior previously was completely unbalanced, as I think pretty much everyone knew when it was possible to solo elite level mobs. I’m not saying I still won’t be making adjustments, but I’m just saying, comparing it to how it was previously is not worthwhile. I’m much more interested in comparing the DPS Warrior stance to the damage output of the other classes in the game (particularly the other support class, Musketeer).

Thanks!

In group fights, it is very hard to determine any feedback from combos. Maybe in solo it would be easier but I had a very hard time telling if I was pulling off my combos or not.

Understood about the Runes, I just need to practice :slight_smile:

I didn’t know about the compass thing, that’s awesome!!

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m spoiled from being used to the old setup. However right now the musk damage is really low compared to the other classes too. I’ll stop complaining and mess around with it to come up with a solution. :stuck_out_tongue: I love the idea behind it. Just a shock when it doesn’t work how I thought it would. I was facing a variety of enemies and the small shield just feels comically weak. I’ll choose my enemies better and find ways to compensate for the lowered defense (legitimate ways of course)

The combo effects can sometimes get lost in a group. The effects actually get really easy to see once you get used to looking for them. Left, right, up as you hit up be ready to look for a purple spark Wound is a yellow spark with the spike damage floating upward. Cleave is a big “boom” sound, a horizontal shockwave effect, and red damage on all enemies. Hamstring shows the icon on the enemy bar

1 Like

Which enemy types were you fighting where the shield was breaking after only a couple of hits?

Umm I think tigers in greater lamavora. The ones right next to the giant spiders that drop an army of babies. Shiki could destroy them all but they ate both my shields instantly. Just the tiger alone ate my small shield like a saltine cracker. I can’t remember what else did it. I ran around a lot just hitting stuff.

So the Tiger Leap attack is a very high-damage attack, it should do about half-health to most targets…so that actually makes sense, haha. If you were a Ranger and you had no shield and they leaped on you, you would be about half-dead. I think if you have just a regular monster that’s around your level (e.g. the spiderlings by the waterfall in Lamavora Frontier), it should take around 6-7 attacks to deplete the shield. In DPS stance, your shield should be breaking/broken every fight.

Ok that makes sense but 6-7 off 1 enemy correct? Definitely doesn’t last that long vs 2 ha. Also is hamstring supposed to be a slow? Doesn’t trigger iceheart like frost does.

I noticed the ult bar barely moves when using the large shield. Before it would go up pretty consistently. Did it get lowered? It’s slightly faster with the small shield but still much slower than before.

Good call, I will add Hamstring to the list of things that triggers Iceheart. And yes, I mean 6-7 from one enemy.

When do you plan on balancing affixes and when will rings drop? I plan on epic farming later with sour so we hopefully have a bigger pool of affixes to test

Ummm probably not until next week. Rings will not drop randomly they are going to be specific drops for bosses. So at this point you can basically go crazy farming as many epics as you want from the Wilds, you aren’t missing out on any potential drops there.

1 Like

The snow moose is invisible https://i.imgur.com/gvGcJ6m.jpg
Also the statues on maat’s keep looks glitched https://i.imgur.com/AYHnIlm.jpg

Okay Ill look into the moose, and ya the statues are bugged, ill get that fixed too