Closed Beta 4 Feedback

I’ve just restarted the server to push out a new patch on both the server and the client.

In particular:

• The shields of other players should now show up in the correct position.
  • Fixed a couple of performance-related bugs
  • Various bugfixes for quests
  • Hamstring now triggers the Iceheart affix
  • Further artstyle-related updates to trees, bushes, etc. in various zones

Note: The highlighting system (that highlights your hands when you are near something you can grab among other things) has been temporarily disabled pending a bugfix to a third-party library.

This patch is rather large but the good news is that we reduced the overall size of the game install by about 800MB.

Thanks!

1 Like

yea other players can hear us

They should be in game, they are on a pretty long spawner and not very many of them (like the apples) but are spread across most of the zone, if you still aren’t finding any after today let me know.

okay thanks…

A new update just went out which:

• Fixed the Knight’s Emblem not being able to be picked up on the quest for it
  • Fixed bug preventing you from un-muting previously-muted players
  • Fixed various questing bugs

It was a pretty small patch. Thanks!

quick warrior update. group play vs aberrations it feels great. I can go DPS or Tank depending on the mob make-up. The downscaling needs some work. Vs lower level enemies I get shrekt but against level 20’s and 19’s i’m solid.

I am loving the comradery that the players have shown so far in this game. With that in mind, I’d like to make a suggestion.

I’m mostly in Beginning Town as I haven’t had the chance yet to really try and level, but there’s always a group of runemages that are helping each other learn runes. As a mage myself that’s tried to help a newer mage, it’s very difficult to describe a rune, or figure out someone else’s description. So unless it goes against the game story/design, I’d like to suggest a “sandbox” where a mage could draw a rune for other players to see. I know we can look it up on the wiki, but an in-game slate might be nice too

2 Likes

Agreed, last night when we were all trying to explain Runes to each other was hilariously awful :slight_smile: This is Emeritus btw.

1 Like

Winter zone has some glitched water, near the village.

I’ve got a bow with Bleed but it doesn’t work properly.
The description says “All of your attacks have a small percent chance to inflict a bleed of 300% of the damage done over 5 seconds. Does not stack.” but all i can see is i do 8 DoT while the bleed effect is active (it’s a white icon) and never did more damage with my shots. How many chance does it have exactly? Even if small i don’t think i can’t trigger it in like 15 minutes of testing so something is probably broken.

EDIT: I just realized the bleed’s effect is actually DoT (i thought my shots for 5 seconds had a chance to do 300% damage) so it’s not broken the effect itself but just the damage%, because i was doing like 103 damage with a basic shot and the DoT was like 8 a second, the total is definitely not 309 lol
Also is it 300% of the damage that triggers bleed? Like if a charged piercing arrow triggers bleed, will it deal 300% of THAT damage?

Hmmm…I just looked at the code and it should be working correctly…but yes, it is a small chance for any shot you do that deals damage (so a basic arrow, a charged shot, etc.) to trigger. So if for example it triggers on a Charged Shot, then yes you would get 300% of that shot’s damage. If it triggers on a basic shot, it would be that shot’s damage. If it triggers on an initial Poison Arrow attack, it might be very little damage.

There is a new patch that will be going out in just a moment along with a server restart. In particular:

• Added several new journal pages, including pages for all the fish in the game, as well as some additional game mechanics pages.
  • Re-worked all existing journal pages to use a new font that is easier to read in-game.
  • Added status effect icons to all status effects so there should no longer be status effects that just have a white icon.
  • Re-worked the Healing Potion recipe page in the journal to be more clear.
  • Fixed a bug which was preventing weapons from showing up on other players.
  • Fixed a bug which was preventing some types of Runesmithing tile sets from procing.
  • Various quest bug fixes.

Thanks!

Can you make a mirror for download next time? Something like Google Drive or something, the amazon server are brutally slow for me, i am downloading patches for more than hour.

EDIT: More than 2 hours

Iceheart confirmed works with hamstring now. It’s really nice and gives hamstring a purpose. Elite lizard men have a LOT of hp but I can solo them fine 1v1 as a 20 now. Just takes forever because they have so much health for a level 12. I was using the small shield and it still took like 45 seconds if not longer.

for some reason my left hand has a glove but my right hand doesn’t. Not sure what removed it ha.

Haha, so you can still see the hand, just no glove on it?

correct. I have a ring equip that shows up too. Stil switches to my sword and interacts with everything fine.

Couple issues I’ve noticed.

Bishop Roma seems ‘sunken’ when he’s standing on the deck in Beginner Town. My dragon sat with him and seemed sunken too.

Just finished the Festival Preparation quest with the Mayor, she says, "The speech is about to begin, we best go see what the Bishop has to say. @movie@<0>"
Nothing plays, then she talks about the assassination attempt.

The map and a potion(it’s unnamed for me atm) but it’s the only one in my journal besides Tinny’s potion, both need an increase in the left margin. Whether they are on the left or right page, the images are cut on the left side.

In character creation, no matter what mouth I select, when I select Create Character, it defaults to Mouth#1

And a Question/Suggestion or two please.

I have found three teleport pillars so far, these don’t rub into my journal, is that intentional? I think it’d be really nice if we could save them to our journals and have the name of the place appear on the page.

I’ve been in areas and have no idea where I am or what the area is called, just making up names at the moment. Especially difficult when exploring/questing and you die, popping into a graveyard in a town you’ve never been too and don’t know the area. Could there be a sign posted where there’s buildings, or have a special guard that will say “Welcome to Whereverland” when we wave at him. Or have something on the compass indicate where you are?

Every time I die in a fight as an archer, I spawn with my bow permanently drawn back. I had to restart the game to reset it. Unequipping did not fix it.

Yeah that bug has been here for 2 tests. it triggers when you die with the arrow in the bow and fix with a relog, no need to restart the game