Closed Beta Two Feedback Thread

That was more a comment in general with the dungeon as opposed to the fight itself, but there are various places in the dungeon you can basically teleport through a wall onto the other side, or poke your head through a door and get through it without having to get it opened first, etc. (The latter turned out to be a benefit in that we didn’t have to reclear the other boss to keep making attempts on the mech boss). In the labyrinth going left to the first boss, it’s pretty easy for example to skip sections of it by going through walls.

Oh yeah, good call Shiki! In addition to just being able to hit which one you want when they stacked up, there were also a lot of issues with managing to hit the tank successfully with cures and heals because their legs seemed to block a lot of the incoming spells/heal orbs.

after my 3rd hard crash no one could see me, so instead of trying to relog, I simply messaged draven ingame saying “This is where i’m standing” and they spammed heals and decurse on my location. Aggro gen was fine even though I was invisible.

Here are some issues I have encountered:

• I am unable to report bugs with the launcher. Hitting submit greys out the button and says “submitting…”. It never finishes or gives any kind of response however.
  • After following the guide on how to play with oculus, I made sure steamvr was setup as described (was already setup correctly since I use steamvr to play vr games on steam). Whenever launching the game I would get the small orbus window, nothing in the headset, it would remain in the home environment. Finally I shut down steamvr and launched with only oculus home running, it ran the game fine.

Here are some bugs I noticed with movement and combat, I use Oculus + Touch roomscale. I use sliding movement, left hand set to move and strafe, right set to turn.

• When entering combat, sliding movement freezes and you are forced to use teleport.
  • When fighting with a sword, the enemies stop out of attack range requiring you to move forward to engage. This is a major issue when paired with your movement locking up. I have an 8’x8’ area setup. I was still running into walls trying to get into attack range.
  • When fighting short enemies with a sword, combos dont work. I can execute sword combos 100% of the time against tall enemies. 60-70% of my attacks against short enemies however detect as the wrong kind of swipe.
  • When blocking with a shield, there are times when it just doesn’t work. I can sit still with the shield between me and the enemy, they will 100% of the time hit my hp instead of the shield hp. I tried moving, re-positioning the shield, anything I could think of until I died. Shield bash still worked though. I couldn’t find any way to predict when it would break, 90% of my fights the shield would work fine.
  • When using the wand in the right hand, all movement in the right hand freezes. I cant use it to turn anymore. I would have to turn physically or put away the wand to be able to turn.

On the Tri-Orb-Mech boss of the desert dungeon, @Draven made most of the largest points (Disconnects, clones/ghosts of players, VFX not despawning properly again which caused other issues, & the bosses respawning after all 3 of them were down to everyone except Logan)

Musketeers specifically have an issue in combat now, the new muskets/guns/cannons all obscure part of the health bar, ultimate bar & status icons. That issue caused me to die a few times in the dungeon as I couldn’t see the poison icon if I already had Shield or Renew on me, so I would teleport before Draven or Elk could hit me with a decurse. Below are screenshots of each gun showing the issue, which gets progressively worse as you upgrade to the stronger models.

Also after one of the disconnects I went invisible to other players until after I died & ran back to the boss room. At least after that I could see Logan again, who had gone invisible earlier.

I have put the stream on Youtube so you can see the last dungeon run from my perspective - https://youtu.be/bEozIzoi7C8

These 2 aren’t bug. You only can teleport in combat and you can’t move with the wand’s hand because you need the trackpad to cast the spells

Desert dungeon boss fight from an additional angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXiph-_szAs&feature=youtu.be

I forget the vive wands have less buttons. It isn’t needed on the touch controllers since it has the extra buttons. I can see why they would leave it disabled. To prevent touch users from having any kind of advantage.

I am guessing disabling sliding movement in combat is to support pvp? I can see it being hard for a teleport to stay in attack range against sliding movement. It doesn’t seem like it would matter if it was only for pve. It won’t matter as much anyway if the mobs are adjusted to move a little closer to the character. I doubt it is intentional for a short limb redtail to be able to outreach a human with a long sword. The extra attack range would only make sense for an enemy with long reach, like a bandit with a spear.

do you have any specific areas or walls you could point me to so i can check it out in editor, also when TP through walls in maze, were you roomscale stepping partway into wall then TP to other side or could you just stand still on outside of wall and TP to other side?

For me it was roomscale stepping, but not much… pretty sure there were a few places you could literally teleport next to a wall and lean, as well as some you could project your teleport indicator through the wall (that second part may be less of an issue now with the floors being navgened up now, but I didn’t test). I can try to get more specific places next trip through.

Thanks for all the bug reports, everyone!

It seems like we’ve solved a good chunk of the “hard crash to desktop” bugs with our move the 64-bit client as expected (although that is still happening on occassion), and now the major pain point is the network disconnects that are happening.

My plan of attack on that is the following:

Tomorrow morning I will be moving us to a different server configuration just to make sure that’s not the culprit. That’s also when I’ll be putting out a new patch with the sliding locomotion enabled for combat. That will result in around 30 minutes - 1 hour of downtime tomorrow morning around 9 AM Central.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, I will spend some time re-working the networking layer before the next test. It’s not something I planned on doing so it will put us a little behind on other things, but I think obviously it’s a huge pain point that needs to be solved before we can progress further with development.

1 Like

The shield slam on dead enemies bug is fixed in all zones. Thanks much!

Is it intended that items will not be able to be sold, or just something yet to be implemented? Will there eventually be ways to accrue Dram besides quests?

Yes there will be. Just not implemented yet.

1 Like

I just tried and I still don’t have smooth locomotion while in combat it there a settling I have to try on

it wont be implemented until tommorow morning around 9 am Central time when we do some server maintence.

o ok thank i’ll sign back in tomorrow then how late is the beta going to be?

Beta lasts until Tuesday night.

1 Like

nice a full day of smooth combat i’m so excited

So there is something funny about ELongata’s hitbox at melee range.

It’s like there are 2 hit boxes and they line up weirdly.

Ive drawn roughly what it feels like, here https://imgur.com/a/pbEmh

And where those two hitboxes overlap is a dead zone, where attacks dont register properly.

The walk to guild city is mind numbing when you’re questing.

You have to go back and forth a ton of times
A tp point in guild city would be much appreciated.