December Stress Test Feedback Thread

Okay so things are going pretty well, there was a bug where everyone was getting put into different zones which should be fixed now.

Although we are crashing sometimes it’s not nearly as bad as it was last night. Most of the crashes now are due to actual bugs in the code not due to network issues.

1 Like

Things have been rock-solid for the past 15 minutes or so. Barring some weird code-based crash (which could happen but would be easily fixable), it seems like the changes made last night have worked well. That said, we only have around 40 people online right now, whereas at the beginning of last night we had 150.

Let me know if you’re experiencing any connection or disconnect issues right now.

1 Like

We are fighting the plant boss and it went to 25% hp froze and summoned a second one. Now I think I just disconnected, everything is frozen.

Yeah there was finally a crash there.

I took the opportunity to test something, now we have 40 players per zone instead of 20. Let’s see what happens!

Nice, I got to actually see people walking around and help kill monsters today.

1 Like

Loving the new server, got to meet people and hang around. This game is amazing.

Okay I’m going to shut it down in about 10 minutes. Glad it’s going well!

1 Like

Okay it’s off! Thanks to everyone who came back tonight and helped us out, very much appreocated. We’ll do another one of these in probably 4-6 weeks. And then hopefully it’s straight on to Alpha!

2 Likes

Will alpha be open 24/7?

Yes, likely we’ll do an Alpha weekend where it’s up for 72 hours or something like that. I don’t really want to do a full-blown 24/7/365 type of thing until late Beta at the earliest.

Awesome, well done tonight. It was way more reliable than last night!

Things I experienced during the plant boss fight.

• Some lag which probably caused the below…
  • Sometimes spell animations/sounds persisted after being cast causing me to be unable to hear anyone
  • Sometimes boss and mob models persisted after death
    Otherwise a great game

Very reasonable. It sucks but it also keeps interest up throughout the process and keeps people who don’t understand alphas from trashing it before it launches.

Was much better this go around. Still some things to iron out but well done.

After yesterday’s test, i didn’t think it was possible to have any more fun. Tonight was even better yet! I didn’t have nearly as many issues connecting, and I got to explore the map more. I even found the mini village in the side of the mountain. Towards the end was the best, when our big group of people went and fought the boss. By the time the server shut off, we were kicking its ass. The orbhealer is my favorite class, it works so well as offensive and defensive. Ive never played a healer in an MMO, but I think I will when this game is open for good. Great job to the devs for fixing most of the issues from last night. I really enjoyed playing with you guys tonight, and I cant wait to play again in the next test. I was Auzzy at the final boss fight, so if you were there, Great job everybody!

Okay so from what I’ve noticed there’s a few bugs.

• Sometimes there is a glitch where players look like barbarians and have 0 health.
  • When there is huge server load everything momentarily freezes.
  • The orbhealer class is difficult to play as healing is unclear and uncertain and the colors of the orbs are not always constant.

Other than that there are just minor issues that will probably be resolved come next stress test. Some issues I had were:

• It seems that there is no disadvantage, damage wise, to just nocking the archer’s arrow and releasing instantly, no drawing back. Maybe a damage scale can be applied for the bow where if you aren’t fully drawn back you do a percentage less damage, or having a c/d between shots?
  • The Runemage’s runes seem oddly specific to analyze. I’m not sure how this can be remedied.
  • Frost is ridiculously loud.

Anyways, had fun. If you remember that runemage in the front yelling “ads!” and asking for the one healer to heal, the runemage who totally didn’t rob those fishermen, or the guy who was about to show some people the raid boss before servers closed, that was me. Hopefully I can see you guys in other VR games.

The new areas to explore were nice. I wandered around for a long time just looking at things and taking in the scale of the world.

My main issue was with the mage. I know the spells, but fireball would stop working all the time.

The other thing that happened frequently was after choosing mage, and starting to run out to kill things, I would be swaped back to archer. The only way to consistently get out of town as a mage for me was to activate a spell and run with it.

Yo are sitting on a pile of gold, you need people to boss around and yell at for not working fast enuff

This was so awesome! when i got on, i went strait to fisher because i had done everything else, and i went to the lake with another person, once we were there we just were fishing then another person came, then another, then another, then next thing you know, there were 8 people lining the shore all fishing and talking. it was awesome! then we decided we were going to fight the boss, but when we teleported back to the town, we all got stuck and couldn’t move so we had to re-start our clients.

Comments and suggestions:

• Orbhealer : Add a way to preset the orbs. Like 4 socket on the side of the gun where you can set the orbs you want to spawn instead of just random orbs. And have all your available orbs at your belt to hot-swap (or in the inventory management)

• Orbhealer : Be able to select the orbs with the trigger. I feel that with the next gen controller, the grip will be good for that kinda thing, but for now, it seem kinda weird to grab orbs with the side grab only.

• Orbhealer : I felt it was too easy to kite mob by just aiming backward to teleport and shoot down the mob. Instant ranged attack with perfect accuracy feel kinda strong compared to archer.

• Archer : Have the arrow damage scale with the draw length (currently doing massive damage in melee if you spam the minimum requirement for it to launch an arrow)

• Archer : Remove the trackpad button for skills, I like how you integrated arrows on the belt for the skills. Also, maby set trackpad on the bow and skills on the arrow. The current setup felt weird when I was drawing my bow and moving.

• Runemage : Just an idea, might be cool to be able to precast buffs and trigger them later with voice command. Or drawn spell modifier rune to store a buff and activate it with voice command to make it apply to the next spell.

• General : Option to change hand (lefty option)

• General : Independant option to change the trackpad locomotion to the other controller

I run a vr arcade and i few of my patrons rented the bays and downloaded it. Before the end of the stress test we had all of our bays full and we (the owners) were playing it on our personal units in the back. Here is our list of bugs and suggestions.

1. Ranger class is OP. You can spam arrow shots and power level yourself to lv4 quite easily.

2. Orbhealer class suggestion: most of us wanted to shoot the gun with our right hand, which meant swapping controllers. After doing this however, our hand models were backwards and kind of annoying. Still playable, but it kind of makes you need to twist your arm a little bit to grab the orbs

3. Mage class: some of the spells were too loud, but other than that it’s an amazing concept we couldnt get enough of. After we all went out for pizza and people were drawing the spells on their napkins teaching each other the fastest way to draw and cast the spell! I really like where this class is headed.

4. You can walk inside of buildings, the tree, and walls by walking to the side of our space away from the building, tp as close as possible, and then physically walk into it. I was even able to glitch out of the map to the right of the main area. Next time I’ll try to screen cap for more info.

We’re going absolutely crazy about this. Thanks for making such a dope game and hopefully the info is helpful!

Thanks for all the of the specific feedback everyone! Now that we have some of these networking issues figured out we’ll address the rest of the bugs/requests. Looking forward to the next test!