Elijah's self-indulgent art thread and shenanigan shack

So these are the ranger’s shoulders. I hope i can get they in the world boss fight, then i will be full set!

Send a pic when you get it! I’d love to see

Omg omg omg those shoulders. Warrior gear op. We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!

Warrior helmet looks really cool, would wear it on my mage as cosmetic if I had to :smiley:

Would love to see a mage get real shoulders. I’m not a fan of the shoe looking thing on the shoulders. I do like the gloves, chest, and hat.

I’m not sure I see the problem. I mean, it’s not like we can wear shoes on our feet, right? And there’s really no reason not to appreciate such a useful piece of clothing and fashion. Continue blazing the trail @Elijah_W!

have you ever been wandering around the desert zone, and the sand is too hot on your nonexistant feet? Just remove your emergency ShoulderShoe :tm: , place on foot, and enjoy that sweet relief.

Lol, now I see where you are going with that shoulder, always good to have a spare shoe on the shoulder:)

Only having one emergency shoe creates its own issue though, doesn’t it? I mean, you can only hop around the desert on one foot for so long before your legs look like this guy’s arms.

Yeah! Look at me guys! I killed this super cool art thread!

Seriously though, @Elijah_W, if you get some free time I’d love to see more cool stuff :slight_smile:

ha! naw, I’ve been laying low lately just cause I’ve been super busy and I’m like 90% out of releasable art. I have some NPC art kicking around, but idk what’s made it in the game so far. Name off some NPC’s you’ve met in game and I’ll see what I’ve got!

Umm we’ve seen that one guy and that other one guy. Can’t forget those 7 other creatures! You should totally post images of all that!

I think I got about 80% of them:

• Guarding Bart (duuuh)
  • Marcel Cenn
  • Marcel’s daughter. Bell Cenn, right?
  • Tinny Witch of Mulbirth
  • Chef Lathrow
  • Bischop Roma
  • Sir Oscar Hulthine
  • High Commander Fassith
  • Aelfraed Vogoul (that smith at Guild City)
  • Sargent Siegfried (has standard guard model a.t.m.)
  • The wise one
  • General Clavacius

I’mma give y’all a drip feed to keep this going for a while

Was the Baron ever mentioned in Marcel Cenn’s dialog? Or is Baron his first name? Hmm I’ll have to look at that dialog again. .

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that the lore probably got updated between me doing this sketch and him going into the game, this ones an oldie

Edit: anyone got any screenshots or footage of aelfread vogoul?

You might could get some captures of him from some streamers game play.

Good news! I’ve been enlightened! :smiley:

There’s a very clear divide between certain bits of artwork, and i thought it might be interesting for me to touch on why that is:

I’m really lucky in the sense that I’m designing -and- modelling a lot of these concepts. This is really great, because if I’m strapped for time or already have a really clear picture in my head about what I want an asset to look like, I can sketch out the roughest of rough thumbnails, and that’s enough for me to get started and give the rest of the team a vague idea of what I’m imagining. It’s such a glorious time saver. Don’t get me wrong, I also really like making high-polish production art, but I tend to save that extra time and effort for assets that really demand a lot of planning and design work before hand. I think that contrast between my different workflows will be abundantly clear later on as I post some more recent artwork. You can see a less dramatic example if you compare this smith guy’s art (which is still pretty rough) with Cenn from my last post.

@Elijah_W, at launch are you guys going to have merch? I’d love to buy a t-shirt (or a few) and a concept art book for sure!

I actually have no clue whatsoever :stuck_out_tongue:

@Riley_D or @Robert might be able to answer that question better than I can