Gold Rush: Live Thread (Questions, Support, Problems, etc.)

As long as you were logged into the game for a minute you received the achievement. We just did a server restart that should clear up the lag, but you can also check your settings in your Player Menu under the settings tab (gear icon) and lower your graphics setting down to Low and see if that helps if you are getting graphical lag.

Thank you Riley_D! Y’all have been amazing today and some of the most dedicated and caring dev’s I’ve ever seen!

4 Likes

How do you paste in the password in VR the first time you run the game?

Edit: Also, the password I generated on the website has characters that cannot be input via the in-game keyboard (backslash), so manually typing it in is also problematic. Guess I’ll make a new, bad password as a workaround.

The servers were so stable considering that massive amount of players logged in! Was Orbus’ the the most successful Gold Rush event yet? Everyone that tried was able to log in, and not only that, have perfectly fine conversations in Highsteppe.

A SMASHING SUCCESS! Bravo.

5 Likes

I had a lot of problems today with disconnects and what not but wasn’t a huge deal. I will say this is one, if not the best Dev teams I’ve encountered in my 20+ years of gaming. Only VR game I can sit down with and have an actual session… Good job guys your definitely earning your keep. :smile:

stuck in empty instance… respawning in graveyard isnt helping…

Sorry about that. I thought we had fixed the issue of other characters not being on the on-screen keyboard, but you will use that password in game only once to tie your accounts. Once you’re logged in you won’t have to do it again.

1 Like

Is it still like that if you go into your house and back out?

tried the other login server method and that worked.

So there is still a bit of “gunk” leftover from the Gold Rush event earlier. I am going to do a server restart in 45 minutes and send out in-game announcements now to give everyone plenty of notice, that way we hopefully don’t run the risk of a random restart occurring later tonight.

1 Like

Okay, restart is completed. Thanks again for your patience. I’m hoping that should be enough to hold the issue at bay until the morning when I can put out a permanent fix, but just as a general heads up there is a chance there may be an unplanned restart at some point late tonight.

1 Like

Gotcha, so it might be wise to wait on Nox’s T8 Tradu Forest shard run.

Will there be server restart warnings like we’ve been kindly getting?

2 Likes

Found a problem with the game, no matter what version or connection type i try my dragon breeding station has disappeared!

So the remaining issue didn’t happen last night, so I think we’re in the clear on it. I will continue to monitor today. If we end up doing a planned restart we will definitely send out notices in advance, I was just afraid we were going to have a crash last night while I was asleep, but that didn’t happen so that’s good.

I will be doing some work throughout the morning to start catching up on specific issues like people’s dragon breeding stations disappearing, sorry for the delay.

Maybe I haven’t seen it but I understand due to the intense volume of players that the cape situation was postponed, server being priority and all that Jazz. We were teased with what the cape will look like and being the greedy people we (‘mostly me) are, we’re curious on when it’s going to make its beautiful transition from the void and into my inventory.

3 Likes

We’ll be giving out the capes tomorrow.

1 Like

Much appreciated, they look awesome. Can’t wait to represent, despite my power nap in Highsteppe, I was there!

2 Likes

They DO look great!
Overall despite the server issues it was a blast to see that many players in orbus.
I hope that some of them stay and play for some time because you deserved it. I haven’t had that much fun playing a game in years and this is thanks to the great community and devs! So thanks to y’all.
Sorry for getting a bit sentimental in here :smile:

6 Likes

Damn you’re getting me all misty eyed! Hahah, But I do concur, the devs deserve the praise for their hard work, this game is awesome!

1 Like

despite this game being a niche inside a niche, I agree. I would LOVE to see some of these players stick around to play the game more. All of the new people that I’ve talked to love the game. Side note, can’t wait for the capes tomorrow!

1 Like