Ideas for shaman buffs

it isnt toxicity. I have no problem being exlcuded as a shaman from speedruns because shaman is absolute garbage atm. it performs terribly in raids and doesn’t benefit a speedrun party in any way. the exclusion isn’t just because of the low hitting numbers. it is because it doesn’t give a party buff. even if it did pull 140k max, if it came down to a 140k shaman and katsui, katsui would be chosen because he can apply a 10% buff and I cant apply anything.

also mishka, musketeer is arguably the easiest class yet it can interrupt a lot a time, apply weakness and slow the enemy. grabbing an orb and firing it is not hard. charging an arrow is not hard either. I’d argue that ranger is about as easy as shaman. and to those who want to disagree, get good at both, pull high dps with both, and then your opinion will be able to taken with some grain of salt.

on top of that, a 3-5% buff wouldn’t be much. that would mean id be hitting around 95k which isn’t a ton for the best shaman.

Have a nice day.

Only because you’re my friend and we’re close and you get my humour do I post this. image

1 Like

play it in a raid and you’ll change your answer

Okay, I played it on bosses 1-4 in Hard Mode Citadel. Now what :wink:

2 Likes

spawn times are terrible, lightnings dont crit, totems take too long to spawn. around large amounts of people, shaman breaks. the devs have already said they’re looking into it. behold: the post

I dont mean this in an offensive way at all but you need to really understand shaman to understand the issues with it.

I understand the bugs with it, but I don’t understand the idea of giving more to a class that requires less.

Fix bugs/issues with it? Absolutely.

Buff it? No reason. It does so much with so little effort already.

3 Likes

you need to truly be excellent at the class to understand all points of view. you said shaman would never hit 90k. it hasn’t for a while. I pick it up and I still have the highest dps and skill dps. something that takes much more effort than click click click. mages often say 100k is free on rotation if you know what you’re doing. as I said, this buff would bring me to maybe 95k but that isnt even the point. it isnt bUfF sHaMaN. it’s shaman is excluded due to its lack of a party buff. im not asking to do 140k dps. im asking that shaman not have its kneecaps taken out and be expected to run.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought mages/scoundrels/rangers 2-9 in a party provided no party buff.

1 Like

im confused. can you reword it?

If you’ve got a party with more than 1 of any class, that second player is not providing any party buff. And considering you as a Shaman pull more DPS than 90% of end game players, I’m confused why you’re being excluded from playing because you don’t provide a buff. If you have 2 mages, the second mage isn’t providing any party buff either.

1 Like

im being excluded as a shaman because I provide no buff and the totems break too much. I am however given an opportunity to play ranger because of how high I hit or tank. even if I dont give a buff as a ranger with celebi (another ranger), ranger hits high enough to be fine.

1 Like

We definitely agree that the bugs need fixing, that’s for sure.

Either way, I’ve said all I had to say (and more lol). I hope you find people less restrictive about your playstyle and enjoy playing what you enjoy. I know I found my enjoyment of the game Improved when I found people accepting of me playing True Affliction mage.

2 Likes

What exactly are you being excluded from?

#fixshamanbugs

I think if I take anything from this small back and forth, I believe the point that was trying to get across is that if you play Shaman, even like your “supposed” to, you’ll always be excluded from most high levels of Orbus content. Mostly not even because you’d be a bad player. You’re just playing of what’s been stigmatized (and proven) to be the worst class in the entire game.

Personally, if I had the choice between a consistent mage who may not even cast terribly fast over a Shaman of any kind?

Unless I know them, i’d pick the Mage 10/10.

Until small buffs and major big fixes come along to make the class consistant and actually worthwhile having on a team… I don’t see that choice changing for me.

The amount of people speedrunning in this game is basically none.

So if I have to choose, I choose the player I like the most :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

my entire fellowship has been speedrunning and set 5 world records and now has the fastest raid boss kill in the last 2 weeks but ok.

Aah I didnt know. Shards or raids? (and what dungeons/bosses have new records?)

This may be your opinion, however I don’t think it is the community. I run all high level content and do not exclude shamans. This is not guaranteed for sure unless running with certain people who have that opinion of shamans.

@Xenocider
From what I can tell for the raid boss kills you’re referencing:
GCNM:
Pot Tank – Tied? With a group that likely (but idk for sure) had a shaman involved. (12 second fight)
Seamstress – 7 second fight, gg
Valusia Warrior – 16 second fight, gg

Citadel NM:
Napur – 23 seconds, gg
Geruvi – 1:23 seconds, gg

Who has really compared 10-30 second fight DPS across the board? Most arguments are going to be about leaderboard which is not comparable to talking about speed running normal mode bosses. Also looking at the beginning of most of your leaderboard parses they spike much higher into 100-115k range. So if people are excluding shaman on NM 20 second kills then… that’s on them?

4 Likes

I will say this again since its clear you guys don’t play shaman often enough or bother to look at what I post about shaman before commenting. shaman breaks around large numbers of people. none of those records were set with a shaman because it breaks. for all of those I played ranger because it is more stable and I can hit higher in a shorter amount of time. before the 7 sec seamstress fight, we killed it in 10 secs unpotted which i think was also a world record and I was on shaman. that fight I did 100k. sometimes jts great. most times it breaks. just because you don’t experience it once doesnt mean jt doesn’t exist.

my issue is not waahh waahh I dont get invited to stuff lets blame it on shaman. its waahh waahh shaman is a plant that is told to grow in absolute darkness. it doesn’t hit 100k dps which is fine but its the only class that doesn’t give a party buff for dps. there is no reason it shouldn’t have it. the class is not too easy. musketeer has weakness for gods sake.

1 Like