Interactive map

Wow. This went pretty far! Nicely done.

Was considering popping onto Orbus again soon. Anything in particular I should update on the static map or do you have it all settled? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

main things that should be updated on the static one are fish locations and some of the fish bait.
Other than that would be the new dungeons, chaos blade quest items, maybe add the mini story pack zone locations and there are also other adjustments I’ve made to some things that were a bit off, but can’t remember all of it.

1 Like

Update 0.10.2

• Added tooltip images to teleportation pillars with runes, showing what the runes are to teleport there.
  • Added scrolls that are in highsteppe and player house.
  • Added tooltips to scrolls saying what journal pages it unlocks. Since highsteppe on the map isn’t very accurate the scrolls there also has the rough location in the tooltip.
  • Added missing apprentice smith by water in highsteppe
  • Added more trickster spawn locations
  • Fixed rainforest and hulthine water showing over some nodes.
  • As a rebellious act against the mob boss I have removed the tooltip for mishka’s cave and changed mishka rock back to Obsidian. Let us show that we wont play by his rules anymore and work together to bring an end to the mob we all fear so much.
5 Likes

Bounty is up, errybody.

4 Likes

Made the fish bait change that Rickness pinged me in on a thread last month. If you’ve adjusted your map with the revised fish, can you send me a static of it and I’ll update mine accordingly? If not, please let me know the changes that need to be made.

Hmm. I guess I can use yours as a reference here and adjust

I dunno about how @Åsmund_T is handling his markers, but on the static map at least, the idea is to be representative of an area where they’re spawning. It looks to me like you’re standing in an area surrounded by them on the map…

I looked at the nodes as “possible area where they might spawn”, and there is a gap there. Thus I recommended it be filled.

Makes sense. It was definitely not feasible on the map when I started it, due to the clutter of a static map. Perhaps on the interactive one. Plus with the geography it makes it easier than the guesswork I was doing! :joy:

No doubt, the interactive map with everything on is insane looking haha.

2 Likes

@Åsmund_T do the legendary fish update dynamically somehow via api or is it just places they’ve been found?

Those are just known location they have been caught, me and a few others are working on figuring out all the rotations of the legendary fish. When we have everything(or almost everything) we’ll publish the information and I’ll also add it to the map similar to how the public events are currently.

6 Likes

Update 0.10.3

• fixed tooltip restriction to also include the text section, so the really wide tooltip texts should now always stay within the window.
  • updated icons for the mini zones, they don’t look all that great(IMO), but they’re a lot more distinguishable from the map.
  • added more trickster spawn locations
1 Like

Update 0.10.7

• Added a button in settings to reset the combat log reader, so if you restart orbus you no longer need to restart the map as well, just click the “Reset Combat Log Reader” button in the settings tab.

• Added button for manually setting the trickster time if there is no combat log(aka for quest players), if the combat log doesn’t exist a button will appear above the trickster time, click that when the message pops up in-game and the regular 5 min timer followed by a 4 hour timer will appear, this is re-calibrated and will treat it the same as a trickster message every time you click the button.

• Added PVP safezones to the maps, this can be toggled in the trickster section which has been renamed to “Trickster Goblin / PVP”

• Added more trickster goblin spawn points.

• Fixed incorrect end times on some public events(hopefully).

• removed “highsteppe” toggle from the trickster goblin section as I believe it doesn’t spawn in higsteppe anymore after the patch that removed more than half the spawn points(this was a long time ago)

1 Like

Update 0.10.8

• added some more fish to some of the ponds in wastelands
  • made it autoreset the combat log reader when you restart the game(thx Scott) so now you don’t need to restart the map or hit a button when you restart the game.
  • added more trickster spawn locations
3 Likes

You made this in unity, can you build a version for Mac also?

Probably, I’ll look into it

1 Like

Try this one, never worked with Mac before, but I think it should work.
let me know if it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work, says the app cannot be opened.

Thanks for trying though!

ah, unless someone can give some guidance I won’t bother trying again. I don’t have a mac to test it on and have no previous experience making applications for mac. sorry

2 Likes

All good! I appreciate the attempt. Good luck on your map!

2 Likes