Interactive map

this map is awesome, loving it. One question though if I may, on my laptop screen (1920x1080 resolution, windows 10) I cam see the map but the selections on the right are really large and I can’t see all options, just the top few). I can’t seem to be able to scroll or reduce the font size. I’ve tied running it in compatibility mode etc. Any advice? It’s been so helpful for the bits I can see so far.

You can collapse each of the option tabs with the white arrow next to them, but when they extend past the bottom of the window you should also be able to scroll down when holding your mouse over it and scrolling with the scroll wheel or scroll functionality on a trackpad(usually 2 fingers moving up/down)

1 Like

Thanks Asmund, for some reason the scroll doesn’t work for me. Tried on a few versions of the map, but try to get round it by selecting all and trying to find the item on the map

I’ve done some testing and googling and it appears that trackpad scroll input on some windows laptops
doesn’t work in unity’s legacy input system and requires some workarounds to get to work.
I’ll see what I can do and I will try to fix it, but for now if you use a mouse instead of the trackpad you’ll be able to scroll through the list and zoom in on the map.

1 Like

super,thanks you

Update 0.11.0

• removed a few incorrect/uncertain legendary fish locations and added a few missing ones.
  • added an icon for the application.
  • added more trickster spawn points.
5 Likes

how do quest users set the server time?

Server time is pulled from the orbus api, as long as you have Internet connection on the PC you run the map on it should set it automatically when you open the map

edit: actually it’s an issue I need to fix, I’ll get a patch out soon

1 Like

Update 0.11.1

• fixed issue with getting server time
  • added more trickster spawn points(probably)
3 Likes

Is this planned to be incorporated into the main game at any point?

At this rate I dont know how this doesn’t constitute a third party program that provides an advantage to those that use it.

2 Likes

Update 0.12.0

• added all overworld mobs to the map, however I have not added the dlc mobs and it’s probably going to stay that way.
  • added some missing quest mobs.
  • removed some incorrect quest mobs who have now been added to the new mob list instead.
  • added a system to make the legendary fish update to show if they’re active or not. Now the legendary fish(except “da magestic flounder” because it has a more complex spawn pattern and I’m still not entirely sure how I’m going to make a system to track it) will show as transparent most of the time and only be fully visible when they’re “active”. however, there are also additional weather requirements that to my knowledge can’t be tracked, so even if a legendary fish is showing as active, you still need the correct weather requirements as well.
  • added legendary fish requirements to their tooltips.
  • made preparations for adding the new island coming soon to make it quicker to add once we get the update.
7 Likes

ah, I see you took my idea and made it into reality :wink:

1 Like

yep, adding all those mobs was waaaay more work than I originally thought it would be. so “thank you” for the suggestion :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Oh Potato, you glorious man. Thank you for the immense undertaking.

1 Like

Damn it potato, I wanted to sleep but now I have to try out this glorious map. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No but’s! Go to sleep!

1 Like

…But I gots me some fishys

1 Like

Update 0.12.1

• updated blimp requirements(literally got confirmation right after publishing the update :expressionless:)
4 Likes

im sorry for all this extra work i gave you :worried:

that is su-per helpful, ty, I might pick-up fishing again with this tool after all - also with the new perk - to finally see if I catch something in my timezone (still think Landru’s assumption might be right that they don’t appear if no-one is in the shard tho :-/ )

1 Like