Interactive map

I had no idea how ugly Täella-Oso was.

Map quality is nice though.

7 Likes

Preview of the new island and secret desert area that is getting added in the near future

14 Likes

This made me laugh, I think we need this guy as a world boss in game or something haha.

15 Likes

wait, did you actually not know? so it was a complete coincidence that “Cut throat” is right around it’s “neck” area?

5 Likes

so this confirms the secret desert area

1 Like

just secretly add this guy to the island as a world boss we would not complain

1 Like

lol, I love it.

Actually, the “Secret Desert Area” is already technically there… except it’s the Guild City Raid path from the back gate of Highsteppe to the Demon’s Cave :slight_smile:

In reality it goes to the front gate of high-step

I do miss the desert/snow maps tho :stuck_out_tongue:
We don’t have a forest either (or real mountains…)
Cough hint hint cough

1 Like

They could be his legs :wink:

What?! No. Of course we knew that. Coincidences don’t exist…

Legs don’t exist in the world of Orbus. I think it’s far more likely those hypothetical zones would be a mount of some sort.

10 Likes

This assumes that the world is a player and that scares me

5 Likes

…Ri…Riley?? Is that you? Oh god… he was reborn!

5 Likes

Update 2.0.0

So after saying I “Massively Improved the Graphics of the base map” and releasing v1.0.0 I immediately proceed to remaking the entire map and actually massively improving the graphics.
Now the map is almost an exact representation of the world of orbusVR and even small details like each little rock on the ground is on the map now. I have removed some things that were too obstructing, like the trees in the Flooded Rainforest and there’s probably a small collection of stuff that is missing as well, but for the most part everything in the orbusVR world is on the map.

As well as upgrading the map I have gone around the world collecting accurate coordinate data for all NPCs, quest Items, objects, etc. meaning that almost everything on the map is now more accurate than ever and has a complete collection of everything in the overworld, although it’s likely I missed some minor things so if you find anything in the overworld that isn’t on the map, please let me know.

All the data I have collected over the last few weeks is in a spreadsheet you can find in the discord server, I have also started collecting mob drop data which can also be found on that spreadsheet as well as probably all future data I use for the map.

Changelog:

• remade the whole map with way more detail and almost 100% accuracy to the orbus world.
  • calibrated coordinates, edited navMap and moved some nodes to match the new map new map.
  • added “hide credits” button to the bottom of credits, if you want to show the credits again they can be re-enabled in the settings.
  • redid most of the dungeon maps with proper textures.
  • remade all mob icons, now by importing the models into a unity scene and taking a screenshot there. this means they all now have the same lighting and quality.
  • added guid city raid map.
  • added world boss enrage objects/entities to the map.
  • added map of bottom highsteppe and a button to switch between showing top and bottom of highsteppe.
  • added all(?) missing NPCs, quest items and lore related items.
  • added a new sorting category for NPCs.
  • made new icon for the map, based on the new and improved map.
  • added little text to explain the crossover outline for fish.
  • redid all the safezones, looks cleaner now and they’re accurate with the new map.
  • added mice critter capture to the map.
  • increased hitbox size for the buttons to collapse the categories(idk about everyone else, but often found it annoying to close/open tabs because the hitbox was too precise).
  • made the collapse buttons increase in size a bit when you can click them.
  • added missing rotospore
  • added missing “crossover” outline to Jelmiry in wagon graveyard pond.
  • upgraded to unity 2020.1.3f1, shouldn’t really make any difference for you guys, but it has free dark mode for the editor, which was the primary reason for upgrading.
  • fixed issue with the way saving toggle states work, now all new toggles added should be enabled first time you launch the map after an update.
  • removed CodyHayzett from credits since I no longer use the static map he originally made(sorry cody)
  • collected (nearly)exact coordinates for all(?) in-game objects, activities and NPCs and updated their position/added them on the map.
  • reorganized the filter list a little and fixed some issues. Because of this the first time you open the map after the new patch everything you have on/off will be pretty jumbled and you’ll have to redo whatever your usual configuration is, sorry.
  • upgraded the font, no more blurry/low res text.
  • improved the critter capture areas, changing the colors a bit and making them more distinct.
  • combined “ducks” and “Crested Green Fowl” into just “Crested Green Fowl”.
15 Likes

Wow, that’s really impressive, good work!

7 Likes

Update v2.0.1

• fixed incorrect quest item name for the ancient relic in hulthine and hammer in highsteppe city
  • fixed missing sprite for 1 tear brute in ancient temple
  • added loading screen for NavMap generation at startup. it still takes a just as long, but now it at least feels a little less frozen.
4 Likes

Update v2.0.2

• fixed “back to overworld” button font, was using old blurry font
  • added tooltips to scroll pages
  • recategorized scroll pages as quest Items
  • changed some quest Item icons in the DLC zones
  • changed Rabbage and Crabbit from quest item to quest NPC
  • fixed issue with navmaps on some maps
  • fixed path getting cleared every time the player position was updated, now it just updates the path like it should
3 Likes

Update v2.1.0

• added missing kylakin rotation in hulthine
  • added missing flounder rotation in hulthine
  • added new Island
  • added new treasure maps
  • added apprentice smith and graveyard on island
  • updated dungeon/mini zone/raid icons(similar to the 4 dungeons in highsteppe)
  • added long term mission vendor
  • fixed issue with an unused toggle being enabled after expanding the “Special” tab
  • combined “mini Zones” and “dungeons/raids” into “Zone Entrances”, the new island is also there

Currently missing herbs, fish and island mobs on the island, it’ll come…eventually. The pathfinding is not currently set up on the island, coming soon-ish
Some of the tresure maps I’m not 100% sure on the location, those have “(Unsure)” in their tooltip, if you get one of these, please let me know if it was correct or not in the discord. 2 of the island ones I have no idea where are so same goes for those, please let me know in the discord if you find them.

3 Likes

Lets work on a way to pool the trickster info so it is more accurate :slight_smile:

1 Like