Mage Spells not casting

Casting for the last two days has gone to hell. One minute your casting fine then the next nothing but Pops… Something has changed and its not the way i draw my spells. I have a great deal vested in the art and would like to see a Dev take a serious look at this. Not sure where to start, or what i can do to prove there is an issue but i assure you its there. Others in the area have noticed this as well while practicing the arts of magic.

Regards
Korenda

1 Like

Yeah I know, mostly it happens in dungeons, when the fps dropping suddenly, you know something is up when you’re not able to cast a simple frost anymore, and it’s not because of drawing it wrong :rofl:
Sometimes a relog fixes it for a short time or you have to cast really really slowly, like it’s your first frost ever, that annoys me the last days a lot. I dont had it in the beginning of reborn at all

I was just practicing on target dummies outside highsteppe and I constantly got popping. slowing down seemed to help this a bit. In dungeons I experienced the same thing especially when other mages are casting triplicity.

I am on a vive and I havent seen any oculus users specifically with issues.

Yeah seems like it

Okay…yeah it sounds like it could be an FPS drop issue…does the spell lines actually start looking weird to you (e.g. more jaggedy-edges and stuff) or does it look the same but just not successfully cast?

Looks normal just keeps popping :woman_shrugging:

I put out a patch on the Beta branch on Steam (you’ll have to go select and opt-in to it) with a potential fix which might help with this and make it a little less FPS dependent, give that a try and let me know if it helps.

This was happening big time last night. I thought that it was me. I get nervous sometimes and mess up my rotation especially in dungeons. I was popping my frost 2s though and that’s not normal for me. I am on a Rift.

Have not had a chance to log into the beta branch to test this. I will as soon as i get out of work… Has anyone else tried this yet? Lets get Riley_D some data to fix this obnoxious problem.

Also on Rift here as well, so not just a Vive issue.

Will test soon.

Regards,
Korenda

I’ll try the beta option later and come back here

Spells drawn don’t look abnormal. I have seen what your referring to " jaggedy-edges and stuff" In the past, but that is not what is happening here. I’m maintaining 89- 90 FPS according to the meter you supply us in game, but truthfully i have not been paying much attention to it the last couple days. Ill try to get some data for you while my spells are popping, though it really feels like its maybe a server side fps/lag issue. Not sure what your client side fps meter is looking at, client fps or server. I was hoping the server reboot yesterday was going to clear it up, but no luck. Ill jump on the beta branch you supplied shortly and test the fix you have supplied.

Regards,
Korenda

Talemnar and I were having that problem last night on rift

i have the similar problem

Steam talks about a beta access code under Betas column. Is this necessary to access the opt into: beta -

yes in properties

If a change was made to live to fix this issue, it appears to have worked. At least for now my frost seems somewhat consistent casting at base of tree outside dungeons

Spoke to soon. Were back to crap!

Okay, well we know it can’t be the server, since the server part of this is just math. That either leaves the client and FPS-related issues, which we can attempt to work on, or it literally is just that it’s not being drawn correctly (which is a road we’ve been down about 100x before, and I’m not going to tread down it again). It wasn’t clear from your response if you actually opted into the beta or not, but let’s gather some more feedback from other folks and then re-assess and see what’s what.

Also was the place that you were seeing it working before the same situation/spot as where it stopped working?

I was thinking that maybe it could be something to do with the recent addition of the body rotation tweaking that we all have to get used to… But then I noticed it seems to happen a lot more with others in the area vs without so it is probably the fps issue.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes same spot give or take a meter or two. I have opted-in for beta, but steam talks about a code in which i don’t seem to have for beta. So if there is something i’m missing let me know. I’d be happy to go test in beta, though without the same server loads i’m not certain it will constitute a reliable test being the environments are so different. Regardless i’m available to work with you on the issue in or on any platform, Vive or Rift / environment.