New Patch: 4.0 -- Content Patch One!

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Equipment

Ah ha! Thank you, I had never seen that page on the wiki!

1 Like

Feedback/Bugs

There seems to be a stuck in combat issue when killing Mist Keeper, we had to return to graveyard.

Ranger Gear/Bow has a white background on the icons.

Mobs/Bosses respawn in the dungeon after a period of time, is this intended?

Also is the pink liquid a mechanic for the Sentry fight? It disappointingly just seems like a tank and spank.

About the ranger ultimate: after we cleared both wings and started farming epics on the Sentry boss, i didn’t have my ultimate for most of the fights, it only charged a few times when the boss was almost dead and only if one of our dps died so the fight was slower.
Even against the other bosses on the first run of both wings i had my ultimate only when they were pretty low hp and i could see the other classes using their ultimate with no problems way before me.
And i always use every skill when available and shoot from enough range to charge the ultimate as fast as i can.

Ye I took a video of myself doing the Mutated Worm boss.

I was constantly using my spells for the sake of generating ultimate and I was able to generate my ult around 3 min and 30 sec in the 5 min 30 sec fight while ending the fight with about 50% ultimate.

This is the last thing I’m going to say in this thread as it doesn’t relate.

It’s intended that the mobs respawn, yes. I’m not sure that the bosses should be respawning, though.

There are some mechanics in that fight you have to watch out for if you’re not in an overgeared group, the tank in particular has some things they should be doing to make sure the fight goes properly. That said, we didn’t want all of them to be as complicated as the Mist Keeper fight…

There is a new patch available on the client on both the Steam and Oculus stores with a few fixes:

• Fixed the Warrior sword strike detection to require much less speed to register.
  • Fixed the model of the new Musketeer helm
  • FIxed some small issues with the ground height not working properly in the Tradu Crypt in some areas.
  • Fixed the box collider of the Practice Dummy being way off.
  • Fixed an issue where the new Mage wand was interfering with locomotion.

There will also be another server restart in about 30 minutes with a few more changes, just FYI. Announcements are going out now.

1 Like

Would love to see a ranger competition someday. Speed shooting and distance.

Do you ever sleep?? Lol

1 Like

I get the human-standard 4 hours per night! :smile:

4 Likes

Server-side restart is now complete.

• Fixed a bug which was preventing the new weapons from the Tradu Mines from doing their increased damage above Level 20 weapons.
  • When you enter a Dungeon, you will now always start at the entrance to the dungeon. This is to prevent for example a group logging off at the location of a boss fight, then waiting for the dungeon to reset, then logging back in there to skip the trash pulls.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Is there any way this could be revised to only occur when logging into a reset dungeon? I’ve been hearing a lot of reports of people crashing out, getting socket disconnected, or even manually relogging to fix various issues only to find themselves back in at the entrance which quickly gets onerous to either have to run back or (in some cases if it’s been long enough) need to clear trash to get back.

3 Likes

I cleared the sentry fight with a mid-geared group with absolutely no issues to tank health. When the tank lost Aggro we simply healed through it. I may be wrong but is the pink goo supposed to work like patchwerk where the tank drops health to gain threat? That would be super funny to me.

In approximately 30 minutes there will be a new server-side and client-side patch going out with the following changes:

• You should now only be teleported to the beginning of the Dungeon if it’s a “fresh” dungeon. This is also to prevent an unintended exploit where people were killing themselves, logging out and back in, and then zerging bosses. So, to recap: you should not be able to log out and back in and zerg bosses, and you should not be able to all log out to reset the dungeon in the boss room to do the boss again without clearing the trash. If you’re still able to do either of those things after this change, notify me immediately.
  • More work on the Warrior hit detection. It should now be slightly easier to trigger hit detection, and the direction of your swing should now be more reliably detected especially when doing “Upwards” strokes.

Client side patches will be available shortly.

8 Likes

Quick work! Thanks for keeping us updated, it’s very much appreciated.

Yay, glad the logging in/out after a death to be able to rejoin the fight in progress was corrected. Someone told me about that late last night (early morning really), wasn’t sure if it was worth creating an entire post about it.

The client side patches are now available on both Steam and Oculus. You can restart your Steam/Oculus client if you want to make sure they download right away. Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Warrior sword hit detection bug

Minor bug report, don’t think it warrants its own topic. Might have already been mentioned but -

The new runemage gloves (Proto Arcane Gloves) has the same skin/look as the Arcane Gloves of the Desert.

1 Like

Are the fragments supposed to be a rare drop? I thought it would be guaranteed since we’ll need many of them to summon the world boss, or you changed it so you only need one but rare?