Oldschool Orbus please

X3 and no hate from me. Just saying that no progress has been made from what I see.

Hmm, so reborn is the first expansion, hinting that there will be another one. I wonder if I’m going to become someone who wants the old times back x3

In the hope of getting this thread even marginally back on track:

Things it’d be nice to see in Reborn from Oldbus:

• Abberations

• Trickster Chest(s), (I like Goblin but consisent chests would be nice to have too)

• Gathering tavern (ala lakewood inn) I’d personally put it in the Hulthine’s basin town. Although maybe it should be in a place where even low levels can go.

• Overworld mob variety

• Sticky runemage light spell

• Fun hidden places like the Necro island in the first game

• I miss many old boss fights which I think may have been more mechanically interesting than current boss fights (most of the raid seems heavily dependent on dps output quickly rather than doing mechanics right, this is fine for some fights but it feels like most reborn fights are this? Does anyone feel similar?) I miss Old Game Sanyael, Tradu world boss, Raid Bosses 2, 3, 4, 5, and potionkeeper. New game, I really like Gatekeeper and Mistkeeper and also have some enjoyment of Lich King and the second Broken Halls boss. (Gaze is a really fun mechanic even if it’s easy)

• bug fixes, wonky things that should really work by now. I think there are still some unimplemented weapon affixs possible to roll to? These should be made to work or removed. Why is ability reset potion (which is not potion of forgetfulness btw) still in the game? It doesn’t do anything. Why doesn’t every teleport rune have a spell to draw for it and some are now pillar menu only?

• Airship flying around would be cool if it didn’t lag the game whenever it entered the zone.

• Would really like a credits scene or cutscene at the end of a lore questline.

That said, I’m actually enjoying Reborn a great deal.

5 Likes

Old School Orbus > Reborn

i hate to be a bummer but its unlikely its going to happen, maybe list a few things you would like to see implemented for it to be better or equal to reborn?

We clarified in this thread just a couple days ago that we are not going to bring original Orbus back, but that we are always open to ideas and suggestions on elements of the old game to bring back.

Posting over and over in this thread with calls of bringing back the old game or how much you prefer it over Reborn is not helping bring those ideas over or lead to a constructive conversation.
I understand that it isn’t what some of you are hoping for, but that’s the only direction we can go in.

I’ll also say that there are a lot of things mentioned even here that we are working on for the future, for example having a tavern/social space is something we hope to have in in the near future. A lot of bugs mentioned are on our list, there’s just always critical things to work on as well.

We’re also taking inspiration from some of these suggestions for future content. Nothing that we can talk about yet, so all I can tell you is we’re keeping it in mind for what’s coming.

15 Likes

Thanks Mathieu. I had understood your message and my list is up there buried a little bit…
I second most of everything here and, I know it’s not on the table, but I’m still willing to pay more money for a sick a** game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mathieu_D can you answer me this so It can help others and me come to an understanding and hopefully close the matter or open the idea to a better opportunity.

Why can’t Preborn be a purchasable dlc that isn’t a separate game but rather another instanced area within reborn? You could add lore to the story and it could be about us having to go back in time to attempt to stop everything from happening the way it did to cause all the corruption. This would also solve the issue of bringing back old Orbus and make it playable while also being the next step in reborn lore.

Can you answer me in a detailed response to why something like this isn’t possible or if it was made this was could it be possible? You already clarified that it can’t come back separately but why can’t the game as a whole come back and be an addition to reborn? Don’t be afraid to go off and get very technical that’s what I’m looking for. Please answer this for us.

3 Likes

@Mathieu_D I also would like to add that myself and many others have stated they would pay the full $40 for it again as well, almost every old school player would be willing to do this and then all the reborn players would want to see what the hype is plus if it’s the next part of reborn lore they’ll have reason to want to buy it if not for the hype. It’s a win/win across the community, Devs get mass funds for more development, Community gets what they want in a way, new players also now get the best of both worlds. I can’t see the downside of this so if @Mathieu_D won’t explain it to me then can someone explain how this wouldn’t benefit everyone?

3 Likes

Well I don’t see a proof that ALOT of ppl are willing to buy the old game again, play on it and have a way of keeping the server costs up + extra monthly money to keep the server up + also not damaging the Reborn game in any shape or form by stealing players from reborn to oldbus. Or if the two games would merge I still don’t see any of the previous mentioned points being the case. Where it would double the world area but not the playercount. And if they merge things like difference in lvls, complete different code etc will make it one hell of a job to make it merge in any useful way. While even if an increase happens, not doubling for sure.

2 Likes

From all the people I have spoke to in old/new orbus and elsewhere, I feel there is alot of people willing to re-buy the game.
One of these people offered orbus some help back in the day for free to improve the game and Orbus refused, so now they went on to make their own game, nothing of which I can reveal, but if what they say is true, Orbus is about to take a serious hit when this game hits the market, i really can’t wait!

1 Like

you cant wait for orbus to take a hit?

i dont get that. i mean I know you dont like reborn as much as the old game and thats fair, but dont be rude about it

1 Like

No, I can’t wait for a better game in either direction! lol

1 Like

i’m not english so you can’t assume, it’s called lack of english, thank you for being rude for saying that and Mishka is rude for liking and agreeing with you, but it’s no surprise there…

1 Like

I have no problem spending $80 for old orbus, i just want my 4k hours back from that dam game :(:sob:

1 Like

Me too, I lost so much! that took away the motivations to do the dungeons and raids in this orbus. What was the point… I transmoged the old mage equipment that I had and the comments that I keep getting in game keep making me miss the old orbus!

I am now forced to do some just to get some wood cogs… I will do as much as I need, then i’m done!

I currently look like a dweeb in game rather than a warrior(since I switched classes after the mage got it’s nuts cut off), what a shame!

OrbusVR Reborn = Joke/Slap in the Face!!

2 Likes

Alright … so a dev said that the team would consider adding back content from Old Orbus to Reborn. Then why are we still focusing on trying to get old orbus and not providing ideas so they can get a better idea of what people want to see?

I understand that there are people who are tied to old orbus, but the dev gave his input on it.

3 Likes

That’s why I gave my list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are you talking about? My post the latest idea people are building off of is an idea to implement the old school map and game as part of reborn. Adventurers could travel back in time to join the fight that happened between the 20 year jump to hopefully stop the corruption from ever happening.

1 Like

I think the devs said addin the whole old orbus map would be taxing and near impossible. I’m not a game designer so idk

1 Like