Open Alpha Feedback Thread

Well I mainly bought the Epic Founder pack so I could play the game in the 7 closed alpha tests that were before this open alpha test. :slight_smile:

And although I have heard about and read about the fellowships multiple times. I was and still am not really aware of what it is haha.

I am having a problem. No sound in game. Im assuming that is not how it is suppose to be. Any fixes?

Be sure to set your output sound device before you start the game. If you switched it since you opened the game close the game out completely then restart it from the launcher.

I actually like the teleport and think it’s fine and doesn’t take away my immersion.

1 Like

I’m on an HTC Vive, Windows 10.

I’m not getting any sound when I launch the game. I can hear sounds in the SteamVR menu. I can hear sound when I play other games. I’m not getting any sound in OrbusVR. Not in the menu or the tutorial.

I’ve tried restarting SteamVR and restarting the game client multiple times in different orders. I’ve tried setting the default speakers to “USB Audio Device” and to “HTC-VIVE-4”. No luck. My Headphones are plugged into my Vive.

And suddenly, while looking for sound options in the game menu, without changing any settings, music is now playing . I didn’t change anything.

Yeah there just may not have been sound yet, haha. We should probably add some background noise to the login screen so you know it’s working.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows, we are tracking two bugs currently that I should have fixed soon™:

• If you sheathe your weapon while you are in the process of teleporting, you will crash.
  • You sometimes have to teleport once before the trackpad movement will work.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Please do. It’s jarring creating a character in silence and then starting out in the world. From opening the client for the first time, I played for about 5 minutes before I heard any music.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve tested a bit of the game and would like to get more done but here is a little list of things I liked/didn’t like

Problems:

• I hated the fact that the main menu doesn’t have any sounds what so ever. It made me thing several times that my game/pc had bugged and wasn’t making any noise when the game simply didn’t have any sounds at all.
  • I reaaaallly missed more sound effects. I know this is open ALPHA but I really missed some sound feedback on a lot of things, it makes the game feel quite empty.
  • The grass, in my honest opinion, ditch it. I can imagine that with anti-aliasing and super sampling it could turn out okay, but with my low specs and downsampling, it looks horrible and kinda makes me a bit sick. Basically, everywhere there is grass, there is flicker.
  • The menu gesture like in SAO is awsome but I think that it isn’t working correctly. Everytime I try to tap on “continue” on a quest conversation, it opens up the menu wich I have then to close.
  • The fact that the bow doesn’t stretch until my other hand is quite bad. I feel like the bow is too small/has a small string, and it just doesn’t feel right.
  • There is a lot of feedback missing on the Gun. It doesn’t feel like you are shooting, it doesn’t feel powerfull at all.
  • Bow mechanic, I feel like it isn’t really good that you don’t have to grab a new arrow. Honestly, the simple gesture of grabing a new one makes you feel like an archer, and making a new one magically appear on your hand is… booring.
  • Menu/Character Creation. I don’t get why your mirrowed body doesn’t follow your actual body but your hands do. That looks really awfull.
  • Locomotion should include left/right, movement.

Awsome stuff:

• Finally an MMORPG for VR! Awsome!
  • Good classes, loved the gunslinger.
  • UI has been made in a nice way.
  • Loved the SAO menu hand gesture, even thought it doesn’t work correctly while on dialog.
2 Likes

Hey, hope you can help. I cant even get started, right when I start the game I am underground the gras, when I look up I can see the npc, and I cant leave from here.

Your height is set incorrectly in SteamVR, see the Height Drift Bug thing on this page: https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Playing_On_Oculus (It will fix it even if you’re not on Oculus)

EDIT: Actually, it’s either that or, you just got spawned in the wrong place. If that’s the case just reloading the game should fix it. If not let me know.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah we are definitely going to be adding a lot more SFX and polishing those interactions during the Beta phase.

When you say Locomotion should include left/right movement, can you be more specific?

And I will add an option to toggle on/off the grass.

Hah that worked! Thats alot! TIme to play the SAO prequel

Great! Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully @Rafael_B responds, but let me add my two cents on locomotion. Tie direction to the headset orientation instead of the controller. And have the trackpad move forward, back, and strafe left and right.

Hot damn youre fast in answering! One more question then, whats the best option to record gameplay? the window only goes intow window modus atm, I cant fullscreen it ( but i think thats normal for vr )?

I assume he means that trackpad movement right now only accepts up and down on the trackpad. He basically wants to strafe in game, for example move left/right to wherever your hand is pointing. Honestly I wish trackpad movement was based on where your finger is on the trackpad and not where your hand is pointing.

I just usually use OBS Studio with the “Window” capture option.

1 Like

I also find this annoying.