Open Alpha Feedback Thread

I had an issue as well, I had to disable all other audio sources and then rebooted my pc and it worked.

I agree, I had the same sort of issues. However, since I have faith in this game they will change it soon.

Hello Riley,
I mean exactly as the others explained it, basically being able to strafe left/right. Also I saw a little bit of a delay, like I press forward and it takes about 1 second to start moving.

I kept on playing but had a little bit of an issue, I couldnā€™t turn in any quests, no quest giverā€™s icon went to ā€œ?ā€ once I completed it and when I talked to them, they had no response implying that I finished the quests. Iā€™ll make a former bug report but just wanted to let you know since we are already talking. I will try to create a new char tomorrow and see if it fixes the problem.

2 Likes

We just had a full server crash (our first one of the day, so not too bad). It looks like things auto-recovered as expected, but just FYI in case you had any issues there.

There is a new patch available that should hopefully fix the crash bug related to sheathing your weapon while teleporting, and probably a lot of other crash bugs as well. We were also able to remove the 2 second ā€œpauseā€ when switching zones. Let me know if you see an improvement (or if things get worse, haha) with the new patch. Just restart your launcher to get it.

1 Like

If you wonder what happen when you crash on the airship, thatā€™s the answer lol https://prnt.sc/g1nof0

1 Like

Just FYI, I am going to grab some shut-eye now. I will be alerted if the servers go down, but beyond that I wonā€™t be around to answer questions immediately until the morning. Hope those of you playing have a good day/night!

Hi! New player here. I thought Iā€™d give some suggestions that my friend and I had. Weā€™re loving the game so far and the lack of hand-holding, encouraging community interaction.

• We thought that itā€™d be useful to provide images of some quest items (like the Queenā€™s Ear and Reeds) because itā€™s not clear whatā€™s harvestable immediately. However, we really enjoyed interacting with the Discord community to learn about these aspects of the game.

• We had some issues with the bow with arrows passing through mobs that were in our face, but maybe this is a feature?

• I think there should be something in the tutorial about resurrecting players (how itā€™s not possible without the wand? Maybe a subtle hint?) because uh, we sat around a dude for nearly ten minutes trying to figure out how to res him, lol. Maybe the ā€œdark artsā€ hint was enough and we just missed it haha.

• Took us a while to figure out that mobs were scaling with the number of people around them? It made our weapons seem a lot weaker at the start, since it took a ton to kill a rat. But we got on like 3 hours later and the area was a bit more empty, and had no issues.

• We traveled a lot in the beginning to the witch and back and we found just dying much faster, maybe a way to teleport faster when in a safe area like the city.

• It took us a while to figure out when crafting a potion that putting an item in the chest made it appear on the table.

• The mushrooms along the lake were a pain to get because they were out of the play zone most of the time and usually too far in the ground

Having issues with shield bash hitting NPCā€™s after theyā€™ve died. Also itā€™s being cast when simply touching enemies.

I was confused about the poison arrows. I see a weird orange spikey circle thing. But not sure if thatā€™s the poison or how to use it to poison my arrow.

I canā€™t tell whatā€™s in my inventory. I donā€™t see any description when I click on the items. Just images.

Putting the quest journal away was difficult and always took several times.

The poison arrow would just be a green arrow by your waist you can grab and use if you have it equipped.

You hover above items with your finger pointed out to get the descriptions to pop up.

You get haptic feedback when the journal is in the right place to be put away :slight_smile:

Iā€™m enjoying the game and have had a few minor issues with things on my end but one big thing that sticks out is how finicky it is to draw the runes. Iā€™ve traced the runes in my book for them to fail. I think the degree of error is too narrow and should be lessened or the class buffed. Even something basic like the fireball is very hard to cast. The other thing is Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong so i donā€™t know how to fix the problem. Maybe more of a tutorial or guides to help your drawing? Donā€™t get me wrong I love the class I just think its degree of difficulty is a bit too high.

The game continues to be a lot of fun. The archerā€™s charged shot seems like it needs a buff. If i spam arrows in the same time it takes me to do a charge shot I think i can do as much or more damage. At one point during gameplay I got stuck in the world. I used the menu to respawn at a graveyard. When this happened I came back in a town with no NPCs or players and died every time I tried to leave the area. I re logged and the issue was fixed. Another suggestion is some sort of marker on the compass so you can find your way back to the beginner town.Archer also seems like it needs an armor / life / healing adjustment in order to have a bit more survivability. It seems like right now a hunter can do as much damage as me and stay alive with healing. All that being said this is shaping up to be a game i have always dreamed of playing. Consider me sold.

I suggested 2 servers. Slide/Teleport. Just like other MMOs have PVE/PVP/RP. Give everyone what they want without hurting anyone. I understand splitting the playerbase at this point isnā€™t ideal but it would be for the best. I tested the game out and am done as well until a locomotion update. I have high hopes though.

I ran into the same arrow ā€œbugā€ when shooting mobs at point-blank

Did you practice tracing the runestones in the Witch of Mulbirth lair?

The Runemage is intended as an advanced class. The best thing to do, is to find some other runemages in game, sit in a circle and literally ā€œpractice magicā€. With enough time and practice you will achieve a 95% success rate or greater with the base attack spells.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually what I just did lol I ran into a decent group practicing and sharing tips to shorten spells, Its gotten to where I can cast frostbolt decently about 80% successful and Iā€™m slightly better at fireball but there are some that just wont trigger no matter what I do.

The game has been pretty awesome to play. My only concern is the mechanism to make the witches potion. I had 3 people in a party trying to figure this out and it took asking another player to figure it out. Placing the items in a chest on the floor for them to appear on the table is really silly and in no way realistic. Use a long plate on the table. When putting your hand above the plate have a tip, ā€œClick here to place mixing items.ā€ This would help clarify the steps and make it a bit more realistic and easier on the player.

Thanks.

1 Like

A map would be great, keep getting lost.

After playing a serveral time in a group, my game crashed. No problem so far, that can happen in an alpha. After i relog, it looks like i came to a different server. CanĀ“t find my friends. Maybe you split the server, i donĀ“t knowā€¦I saw them on the map, and we stand on the same place, but i couldĀ“t see them.
(IĀ“m no native, i hope you understand my problem.)

Greetings Ziffi