Orbus Content Roadmap - Q3-Q4 2021

The pumpkin/skeleton set will come back, but there will also be some new rewards as well.

Not to be a poopoo but why would you devalue your own items like that? Legendary drops are a type of end game. You’re convincing people not to log into the game and grind for hours to get legendaries? Why not just put a different item in game and have those legendaries inthe dram store. You’re devaluing the work needed to get them.

3 Likes

I think you read it wrong, they’re adding in new overworld legendarys and taking out the current ones, it will still give a people to play the game and will make people who have many of the overworld legendarys play more because they will want to get the new ones too

1 Like

That’s what they are doing

1 Like

Yeah but why devalue the old legendaries like that. You could just leave them as they are and bring in the new ones that are dram bought.

3 Likes

or add the new ones as shard legendaries :face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

Are you speaking as someone who already owns legendary drops when you say you think making the current legendary drops dram items will make us who own legendary drops want to play the game more? Because it sounds like you are speaking as someone who does not own any overworld legendary items. I can tell you as someone who owns overworld legendaries it makes me not care about the new legendaries they want to add into the game, because I am aware on any whim of the devs they can make those dram items as well. Knowing that devalues the items, legendaries are no longer legendaries, they are dram shop items or future dram shop items. Instead of rotating the current legendaries into the dram shop they should leave them as the overworld legendaries and make the new items they were going to promote as new legendaries the high priced dram shop items. Then the current legendaries still hold the same value.

6 Likes

I own all but one of the current legendary items. No complaints here, as this means there’ll be new legendary items that nobody had at the moment. Those will be the new things to farm for if you feel like farming :slight_smile: I was nearly done collecting all the rare items, so there wouldn’t have been much point in farming for them anymore. plus, I wouldn’t really say it’s an end game thing as you can easily farm the beginner mobs to get them just as efficiently as the mobs in, say, the Wastelands.

I also have an overworld legendary and to be honest I think they’re cool and like a “premium” but its no fun if things never get changed and to add more if its also a by product of adding new things to the game I’m all for it

2 Likes

The idea of adding new legendaries is not a bad idea. I do not like the idea of turning our current legendaries into dram shop items. If that is how they are going to retire legendary overworld drops then I will not bother farming the new ones. The suggestion Potato posted here was good as well. Leave the current overworld drops as is, and add the new legendaries to shards. Our current overworld legendaries do not need to be turned into dram shop items to add new legendaries to the game.

7 Likes

Seems like a great dram sink for the people who have millions upon millions of dram, but to each their own.

In the meantime, any news on getting the vendor discount working before those legendaries become purchasable :laughing:

6 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly!

1 Like

I actually want to ask the devs if this is the case. Will you promise that these new legendaries will never become cash shop items in the future either? If that promise can be made, we can value these new ones as something to go for.

2 Likes

Go with Potatos idea instead to add the old ones to shards. People have grinded a lot for these overworld legendaries just for them to get released to the dram shop? Don’t like that idea at all

6 Likes

Love the new looks.

As teased on the forums, we will also be introducing a new Battlegrounds map in Q4 2021, which will replace the “arena” currently in-game.

Thank you for thinking of those of us who love PvP.

Would it be possible to instead have a rotation between the two battlegrounds? We keep bringing up the idea of new maps because we would really like some variety in battlegrounds.

Having a 50/50 chance of ending up in a new one would add some needed spice. :slight_smile:

Long-Term Missions … including some activities that haven’t received a long-term mission yet like dragon racing.

Awesome! Thank you.

Will there be PvP long term missions for captures/kills/wins?

Legendary Overworld Drops

Is an interesting idea; I would be ok with it if they cost 5 million dram each.

Having them drop from shards instead would be amazing though!!!

1 Like

Hey everyone, we appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Regarding the overworld legendary drops, we appreciate hearing where you’re coming from and are definitely open to feedback.

Before we head out for the weekend, I just wanted to mention that we’ll take what you’ve said under consideration and discuss what we’re looking to do with that feature and how we want to move forward with it.

5 Likes

Just an idea for the long-term dragon racing reward… a new variety of dragon that has randomized colours each time you get one. Maybe it flies faster than the standard ones? Maybe a dragon speed potion… Lots of potential! So excited.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing something like seasonal legendaries. An example would be in fall and summer, you have a chance at the old legendaries, and in summer and spring, you have a chance at new ones. This way we don’t kill the value of the old legendaries.

I do like potato’s idea as well. I just thought I would throw in a suggestion.

(Yes, I do get that this would make them harder to get, but it’s better than the alternative.)

2 Likes

Tbh I really like the idea of it being in the shop, it gives players another reason to really get into the economy possibly have it be able to be bought and in dungeons?