Orbus VR on Acer Mixed Reality HMD

Hello,
Anyone tested OrbusVR on Acer Mixed Reality HMD?
I can see on steam, that Orbus supports only Oculis and Vive, there is no info about Mixed Reality headsets.
I will be greatfull for any information :slight_smile:
Have a nice day guys!

OrbusVR does not officially support Mixed reality headsets and I heard multiple times that there are some small problems only experienced by users with mixed reality headsets (like lack of vibration in certain situations). But I also keep hearing that the game is playable. But no guarantee of-course. For your Acer Mixed Reality HMD specifically I found a few posts of people mentioning they also used the Acer headset. So there is a high probability it will work.

I believe the no vibration stuff was fixed by SteamVR in the beta version at least at this point.

The main issue with Windows MR I’m aware of at this time is that you can’t use the joystick for sliding, you have to use the trackpad.

I’m using the Lenovo WMR headset and it does work. The main issue I have is with it loosing hand tracking but I’m pretty sure that’s more a failing on the headset itself and not orbus.
Also, there is a steam VR mod that lets you use the thumbsticks as if they are the trackpad which helps immensely if you want to do smooth locomotion instead of teleporting. It is a mod though, so use at your own risk:

You are right about the loss of tracking is the issue with the headset, as it doesn’t have any external sensors, it is impossible for it to accurately track the controllers while they are out of sight of the camera placed on the headset itself, also if you are not moving any of the controller for a while, they will completely lose tracking (you will notice one of the hands sliding away from you once in a while :smiley:)

First of all, thank you all for quick reply :slight_smile: Im really trankful.
I can see lack of accuracy with controllers in other games, but it’s not that much annoying.
I have tested controller’s tracking keeping them beside me, and it was still working. So I think they have some other tracking solution, not only cameras on front of the headset, but problem when controllers are going to sleep the motion tracking is lost (when I move it then tracking is back) - I think it is a bug, and developers can solve this later, however if orbus is playable, as every other game on steam library then I’m glad.
Thanks again for giving me info about WMR compatibility, now I have to concider whether to buy a orbus in near future :slight_smile:
Have a nice day, and maybe see you in game !

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.