Patch 5.0: Shard Dungeons (Sprint Three)

This is Sentry. It seems like if he kills the player in 1 or two hits after his aggro switch he resets sometimes. I think it has something to do with the aggro table being cleared when he switches. I’ll ask someone in my group if they have recent video, but it’s happened a few times to me now.

Short clip of it in action.
Disregard my trap comment, I was salty that I kept grabbing my trap instead of my arrow.

I believe this one was caused by J being too close to wall.
At least that’s what multiple people have said.

Ranger’s armor is still bugged. Something about their chest armor isn’t in the chest slot or something.

1 Like

So when it resets are you able to still start the fight again? Or then it doesn’t work at all?

Starting the fight again works, though if we are down to 25% health and it resets it’s just annoying. Also I’ve noticed with the Mist Keeper if the tank moves close to the 2nd tree on the left side from the back, the boss resets

There’s a new server-side and client-side patch that just went out. In particular:

• Finally hopefully fixed the issue with Ranger gear not working properly. Note that you may have unequip and re-equip your gear into the correct slot, as it was actually putting it in the wrong slot before.
  • Fixed an interaction between the Reawaken menu and the Guaranteed Drop menu. They should no longer override each other, so even if you die during the fight or right after, your Guaranteed Roll menu should stay available.
  • The number of trash mobs that you are required to kill in each Shard Dungeon is now set to a pretty consistent number. Generally speaking, you now have to kill about the same in most Tradu Mines dungeons, more in the Desert Dungeon and Maeo’s Sanctum, and significantly less in the Rainforest Grove than before. The one dungeon that is still out of balance here is the Tradu Skywalk, and we will be making some changes to that next week to bring it in line with the others. [Note that this change went out a little later than the others, so it takes effect for all new dungeon runs started after 9:30 AM server time.]
  • The scaling of healing done by enemies has been reduced so that it only scales about half as much as the increased damage done.

Note that I am still working on the Beta branch build with these fixes, should go out in about 30 minutes. So keep that in mind if you’re getting ready to start a new dungeon run.

Thanks!

3 Likes

New Beta branch builds are going out now. Thanks!

3 Likes

For some reason my tradu shoulders have 393 armor and my shard t2 shoulders have 335 armor.

EDIT: My shoulders and chest swapped dyes… and the pure white major dye has the icon of an accent.

Okay, so here’s what was happening. Apparently the Tradu Ranger set had the same thing going on, where the Shoulders were labeled as a “chest” piece internally and vice versa. So when all the Shoulders dropped, they had the armor of a chest piece, and when all the chests dropped, they had the armor of shoulders.

The amount of armor that you are getting on your shoulders and chest now with the new Shard Dungeon loot is the correct amount. So basically your Tradu Shoulders have a way higher armor amount than they should (and your chest likely has way lower). So the total armor you had before was correct, but it was just assigned to the wrong slots.

I will put in some code for tomorrow morning to go through and fix that problem on the Tradu Mines pieces (setting the armors to the correct values). But in the mean time, that is what’s going on.

Is the desert dungeon supposed to take more time to clear the trash than the bosses? Because that’s exactly what happens right now, there are too many elites in that dungeon included elite healers (also vindictive doesn’t help) so we killed both bosses in 10 mins and the trash in like 15.
The dungeon is pretty easy, it just feels weird that the thrash last more than the bosses.

Not sure why Desert Dungeon requires more kills now after it already required you to kill basically everything except 3 groups of enemies.

If clearing trash takes up the majority time it takes to clear a shard, it will probably be impossible to clear higher level shards because the trash requirement keeps scaling and just eating away the time which isn’t balanced around each dungeon length/boss fight.

@Riley_D So level 6 desert dungeon… Final boss with Last stand is insane… Still in the run now… It’s tough with this gear… Thinking the brick wall is a gear cap… The tick damage from the poison is insanity :smiley:

3 Likes

Hang in there! You can do it @J11

Don’t know if this is known but muting people seems to still not work properly.

on beta or main, and normal muting or personal bubble?

Beta, both normal and personal bubble. Hands gone, voices remain.

So desert Dungeon current mob count needed is every mob except one. We had one bugged mob, if we would have had 2 we would not have been able to complete the run. Also the healers in the Desert dungeon seem to be out of line compared to other mines, they seem much tankyer.

Main branch and normal muting. Didn’t try the bubble though

The desert dungeon needs you to kill 40/41 normal mobs. So if you beat both bosses first try in 5 mins or less, you would have about 20 mins to kill all but one of the mob. Meaning you would have to kill about 1 mob every 30 seconds and that is near impossible with how long it takes to kill the healers.

Did you guys manage rank 6 desert?