PVP Battlegrounds getting boring

Shiki is also playing rapidity which is much more reliable in PvP.

I’ll be sure to change my talents everytime I join a BG and give it a try.

I’m just playing around btw, nothing toxic here lol. Going to bed now.

Edit: WOULD BE NICE IF WE STARTED WITH A FORGETFUL POTION OR WHATEVER ITS CALLD TO RESET OUR TALENTS WHEN WE ENTER THE BG, IN OUR BELT OF COURSE SO IT DOESN"T DROP

2 Likes

Sleep well, Ill be waiting in Queue. Always.

Idk if you’re also tired, but you’ve also completely missed Chezil’s point. He has played 3x more than the rest of the team. He is constantly queued solo. You just happen to queue at the exact time we’re all online.

2 Likes

The solution is simple - you guys should go and get a bunch of people to actively play the game so that prioritizing solo vs solo and team vs team makes more sense. The added variety will also make battlegrounds less boring and so everyone will be satisfied.

I would like the jungle map back (I hate lavamora) and the 4 player arena back. removing the ability to join in groups more than two would fix a lot of issues as well.

It is how it is. The game player base is so small right now that of course you will keep meeting the strongest teams. A 1v1 queueing system even at this size would be fun though. It gives people a chance to practice a bit i guess.

1 Like

We queue up individual most of the time even when in guild and it’s actually fun goin against people you have in discord. Other than that I just repeat what was said in the other thread:

• more quests would make bgs more attractive, currently there’s 1 weekly which is attractive for casuals and that’s it
  • As others mentioned allow to queue for 2x2 teams; not sure about 1x1 with the current map, it would likely require a smaller; I was in small teams (with 3-5 bugged out or logged) which hardly ever met themselves to fight, only ran around catching flags

But it would be great if after like 20mins of no bg starting the players who waited the longest get ported into a 2x2 on the current map, automatically, this is not much effort to implement and would help already.

2 Likes

That would be fantastic…
4x4 standard
If waiting time exceeds 20min, build largest possible group with current queue.

2 Likes

Empty battlegrounds with 2-5 players just sounds Zzz for a BG map of this size, A very high percentage of players only queue up for the quests then dip never to been seen again.

Quite annoying reading people asking for changes/Nerfs who have only played a few battlegrounds just to complete quests. While not seeing a wide variety of players playing the same class in a different style and skill to them. Just because certain players beat you consistently doesn’t mean that class is “OP” this isn’t aimed at you burn but just in general.

It’s not ideal but still better then a 2h wait, where you end up with a afk player when it finaly starts.

Yessir! Its the same 4 people each time and always is the same game. I expect more maps with new expansions.

At least when LC playes a game starts!

Tho if I’m in a pug group I’m going to get wrecked.

Laghing coffin are all darleks you know

1 Like

smaller team queue would be great to start with…

been sitting around waiting 3 hours for 1 game found some team and played with 8 random guys we met and queued up so we atleast have some games.

the battleground is awsome to play, except for this crazyness maybe encourage people to do pvp by giving gear or whatever.

and people queueing as a team to have a advantage is just a part of the game , you get this in every game, stop crying and get over it.

2 Likes

I think there should be some armour sets that’s aimed at Pvp content giving you superior stats but would be downgraded to 30+0 or something while doing pve content. Gives players something to aim for instead of just Transmog/Titles.

4 Likes

Just requoting from back a while ago on how to keep people engaged (of course we knew this was coming… ).

this gem from chezil:

And one other comment with a recommended solution for that problem:

Unfortunately world pvp is largely dead already mainly because of this:

There are solutions that have been recommended to give people more motivation to get in to PvP a bit more:

Let’s sum up all these quotes with a TLDR:

• Extrinsic motivation is low right now. Not many people are truly feeling those dopamine hits.
  • Getting highest rank is the only true extrinsic motivator for PvP
  • Because the player base is so small, nobody wants to run around in the world with PvP on as it is not worth the pain to get ganked (as I mentioned in a post a couple of times before, forcing PvErs to PvP is not a very good way to go). PvP resources and PvP has been monopolized already even if unintentionally because of this.
  • Some gear reward made for PvP will create a new strong extrinsic motivator transmogs, useful armor from drop tables or otherwise.

Here are my recommendations:

1) fill up the drop table gap with some PvE and PvP related items for overworld and battlegrounds rewards.

Essentially you will be drugging the whole community with dopamine if you added in some progressive rewards around that area (yay!):

2) Start adding progress bars for everything in the game. It has been stated and proven in the game psychology world that everyone loves progress bars. I personally have been part of teams which have built products that have had their sign up rate and stickiness increased by more than 100% MoM on a user base of 100k+ simply because we added several progression hooks such as progression bars:

(more thoughts on this here: Demonstration of progression in Orbus)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.