Questions for the Dev Dudes

It would be hard to do a monthly Q&A if they had no questions to answer, but if you mean do they want us to post them all in this thread, I have no idea, I just figured it would be more helpful and more organised and easy to find if they were all here rather than a load of new threads

Guess we will find out next month xD

Another Bard question:

Why limit our Ultimate to once per 5 minutes, and why not have anything in the journal to tell us?

4 Likes

Riley: "but certainly it might be worth increasing it past 99. We will talk about that internally. "

We never found out if the stack limit might be considered to be increased or not. So asking the question here again.

7 Likes

More Bard stuff:

I’ve been running testing for the past several months to try and get numbers, but maybe you can save me the trouble?

How much of a debuff is Instrument of Defense/Protection supposed to give? For Song Shield, is it a flat % of damage absorbed, is it up to X amount of damage absorbed, is it an increase of armor?

Is there a way to get more Empowered Notes with Encore? My testing shows that with 3 Instruments active, you’re getting an average of one Empowered Note every 5 seconds regardless of Intellect, Wisdom, Luck, Crit. I’m still working on the testing and running numbers, but this, on average, only saves about a second regarding getting your healing crescendos up. At worst, it does nothing because with each Empowered Note giving 1.5 notes for the crescendo, if you don’t get 2 per crescendo it’s wasted. If you hold the crescendo for more than a second, it’s wasted.

Can you add a note in the journal saying that the Justice Crescendo gives a Sickness stack in PvP?

1 Like

What sort of server wide stats are you tracking?

Could you do like a report of them from the start of reborn? like for example:

• Total Monsters killed
  • Total player deaths
  • Fish caught (not weight, but actual fish)
  • Dungeons completed
  • Shard dungeons completed
  • Raid bosses killed (or how many each of the bosses have been killed/which difficulty)
  • Dram made from selling items to the vendor
  • Dram looted
  • Dram removed from AH fees
  • Dram removed from selling market stalls
  • Dram removed from durability repairs (lol)

Okay I could go on but I think you get my point :sweat_smile: I think this stuff would be really interesting to see and Reborn has been out for a year as of Thursday next week so it would be kinda cool to see what has been achieved by the community in the past year, I know we have some of the individual stats on the armory but that doesn’t quite give the full scope

1 Like

some more questions:

why do you guys never fixed the damage on rapidity ranger?
do you tried the class for yourself and think its dealing same damage as other class?

do you plan to make warrior usefull for pvp? Maybe increasing damage on player only?

is the musketeer ultimate bug on your fix list? i realy wait for this one
Musketeer Ultimate Bug Thread

Why are musketeer/scoundrel and paladin/shaman not combined into single classes to make fuller classes? cough Hear me out: Merge most pieces of Shaman & Paladin

Will warriors ever get DPS or ranged attacks? Will we ever see a cross-over like wearing a bow instead of a shield? A crossbow instead of a horn? Something. Or different warrior weapons? I would play a ranger-warrior if sword melee dps was improved and this was possible. Sounds cool to pew pew an enemy at range then draw your sword in close range.

Will Paladins ever stop replying on just charges for damage? Like smacking for damage or something to do to kill time in between holding your arm up & taking damage.

Would you consider swapping scoundrel cards for bombs akin to ranger arrows/musketeer orbs that they can toss and explode after X seconds or shoot to explode them early? Or something less rng and cooler than cards (or at least the way cards exist today).

Could we ever see reloading mechanics for scoundrels rather than ammo regeneration?

Could we ever see different types of guns which function differently in damage, attack speed, usable sights, better damage at different ranges, easier curving modifiers, and reloading mechanics? Or customizable guns (like in the class ability slots, put in modifiers such as sights on your gun etc to customize it).

Will useless talents and abilities be addressed? Like an AoE fireball 3? Arcane Ray? Will you work with the community to discover agreeable fixes?

How difficult is it to add back fireworks sfx? Sticky lights?

Are you open at all to redesigning some of the existing classes? I mean medium to large changes, not just small tweaks.

Can you please do something about the item crates and reward chests looking exactly the same? I opened another harvester 3 by accident, destroyed it now but it doesn’t even give a major shard which feels like a scam

3 Likes

have you guys look at the report for warrior sword stop working in a dungeon or cant sword charged sometime

A while back, we requested a setting to change the intensity of the haptic feedback on our controllers, we requested this so we could turn it up, the setting we got only lets us turn it down, haptic feedback is super important in games, in this game some classes are terrible to play without it, fishing is terrible without it, can we get the option to turn it up instead of just down? This is something that has been ignored since it was added and I know there are a lot of people that would like to see this change

3 Likes

In the open world, is loot split across multiple players or do multiple players get rolls at their own loot?

Scott did a good job pulling some dev quotes together in this thread. Loot rolls are individual, but based on participation unless you’re in a party.

4 Likes

Thanks! I still think it needs some clarity after that.

I don’t think that post says definitively that each party member gets a 100% chance at loot. It could be interpreted that there is no concept of “participation credit” towards loot in a party. Thus a party of 5 members loot would be equally rolled at 20% for each member, instead of 100%. My interest is this: By tagging along someone who I don’t need, are they just soaking up my loot?

Secondly, do we all roll on the same item? Or we just have 1/5 the chance of our own personal loot-roll in a 5 man party?

Just bumping this as it’s now been a month since the last Q&A

2 Likes

We are going to have a blog post next week outlining the roadmap through the end of the year, then I will be doing the Q&A following that since I know there will be some questions over the roadmap.

4 Likes

Copy pasta a question for the devs i had and would make it less likely to be lost/forgotten to the forums.

In terms of dps class balancing

I want to know what the devs consider a good balance. I would like to see from the devs opinion:
What would be the class balancing your aiming for?
Should all dps be aiming for the same max dps?
Should ‘harder’ classes get more dps? if so what makes them ‘harder’ ? how physically demanding it is? how much practice you need to put in? how smart you play the class - for example: positioning, rotation, timing, tilesets ?
What do you consider for it as there will always be ‘good’ ‘bad’ and the ugly players so is it balanced for the good players only? or how is it balanced for all the various skills of players?

Feel like i could keep going with more question but I won’t I think you get the point. I just hope for a thorough and well thought out response.

3 Likes

I also have concerns regarding the classes and talents trees, with examples being detailed here; Class rebalancing, in a thread thats falling down the list of threads

Is this coming today or has it been delayed?

1 Like

It will be out today

4 Likes

this would be AMAZING imagine riding around on a goat or maybe some type of mythical creature with some type of moving animation rather than the normal disks I totally agree with Delceri this wold be a great feature to add to the game even if it was some exspansion packs