Still Not Liking Golden Egg

@kyle_l @Riley_D (not sure who is your acting PM to be honest)

Let’s just make this clear again…

It’s OK to remove mechanics if some experimental mechanics do NOT work and FAIL at player retention. I don’t really hear anyone saying “oh goodie let’s do MORE shards it is golden egg week”.

By keeping this you are 1) lowering your own player retention 2) wasting time on some experimental mechanic when you could be focusing on other game breaking bugs.

If you really insist on having this mechanic incorporate it in a raid boss or dungeon boss… But it is clearly causing shard weekly imbalances which is why player retention on high shards for these weeks is lower.

Just a word of advice.

1 Like

Tried golden egg, I actually really enjoyed it. its a smart one and its not hard to counter. you pretty much just forget its there. I don’t quite understand how you all are taking so much issue with this. on top of that its a fun little toy to mess around with when your done. it’s not often said but thanks dev’s that was actually a fun addition that’s not a pain in the ass to work around or game braking but an interesting thing that works fine if you play the game as intended. its just slightly disappointing that you have to do 11+ shards to get it.

1 Like

Elysium loves golden egg, but we actually do the mechanics not try and cheese them, even got the first temple 15 on time on golden egg week.

3 Likes

All your good shards seem to be with golden egg :thinking:

It makes it even more imbalanced if there is actually a way to cheese golden egg too… Say maybe there is a way to cheese it with a certain class mechanic and stacking a certain class. I don’t know though.

With a group that doesn’t plan ahead for it, it’s brutal.

With a group that works as a team and communicates plans ahead of time, it’s barely an inconvenience.

We asked for harder content and the devs delivered. I find it pretty fun honestly. The panicked throwing of the egg from person to person can get hilarious lol

1 Like

whats the highest shard you run with golden egg thiscweek what shard level and dungeon also what class

1 Like

Mmmmh I am noticing some strange conflicting information:

• Sparky never finished a golden egg and promotes it like it is the best (so you maybe didn’t even do one? Or left one. While you said you tried a golden egg shard…)
  • Mishka only finished 1 golden egg which was with Alphabet. Which I can imagine was not a positive experience. Also promoting and talking about golden egg as an expert :thinking:
  • Calling out you did a temple 15 in time is kinda bragging and having to add the “not try and cheese” to it makes it suspicious.
  • Then the earlier mentioned all good time 15s are golden egg doesn’t make it better.

So my conclusion is you guys are trolling. You prob not cheating golden egg though because you don’t play the classes that are majorly affected by it (except for musky, but the musky will almost never grab the egg).

4 Likes

do you lot not like use a healer or somthing? I have only had a muski for a week and its not even geared out properly, but the golden egg is not that hard.

what shard have you done this week healing as a muski is difficult when you cant heal yourself

you literally can’t do anything as a musky while holding the egg

and not postble to heal and have golden egg inhand

i really want to bring you in my 11 or 14 shards with golden egg and see after

1 Like

I mean, if your offering sure, what classes would be coming along for it though (as in what do the people you run with play as)?

im testing your livability and see on your word and run it in my rules

yeah, but what does your group play as? do you have mages?, do you have raingers? do your group use a paliden or warrior? is it made up of scoundrells? it would be easyer to know before hand than agree to randomly jump in to a group with people I have not played with and don’t know. plus Im new to muski so yeah, ill come along and try my best but I need to know what it is we are running and a bit of information before hand.

It’s totally fine to disagree (even heavily), and this subject has been split in the forums community since the beginning, but I think folks should be careful not to attack other players’ credibility just for having a different view.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and we take it all under advisement, and you don’t have to prove something to be able to post your outlook on things.

2 Likes

yeas i understand

I watched as my guild ran it while streaming, and as I said, it was barely an inconvenience. Scmoop streams his dungeon runs, and it never seemed to be an issue. I didn’t say I personally crushed it without an issue. I’m saying that with a team that communicated well and planned for it, it wasn’t as brutal as everybody makes it out to be.

1 Like

The thing is though, that is a way to simplified conclusion. We can make golden egg 10x worse and it will still be survivable. If you practice enough the affix will probably almost not exist. Doesn’t mean it isn’t unbalanced. And again we also have the class difference at play here. And if you get shard X with 10 minutes remaining, you can’t automatically conclude that it would have been the same if golden egg wasn’t on it. It might be that you would have gotten golden egg in 14 minutes remaining without golden egg.

I am a fan and hater of golden egg at the same time. I like it because it seems a fun challenge. Always searching for the hardest challenges. At the same time I hate it for multiple reasons. Things like the unfairness between classes, a bug that makes the egg ungrabbable and wiping everyone (happened every golden egg so far) and the clear extra trouble and difficulty (for some classes) that it brings in comparison to other affixes really motivates to avoid it. Def if the chance is about 50% you will fail it (because of a big group of circumstances like not having a bunch of OP trash kill players, and making mistakes yourself as tank :confused:).

Then it doesn’t help that you guys are coming at the forum basically calling it an easy affix and indirectly saying we suck by saying how easy to handle it is if you come in with a plan. You think we have no plans? I am tactic addict xD. And you saying this while also not having alot of personal experience either. Your giving your voice of the ppl that use it alot while not having alot of experience with it and looking like you do have alot of experience with it.

Going a off-topic here but still relevant to avoiding golden egg:
Can you imagine you have a T14 shard. you only have 4 hours a week doing shards and starting that T14 if failed will not bring you 1 shard up, but 2 shards down. The difference is immense. You just wasted +30 mins on a shard to have to lvl that shard up 3x again to be back to what you wanted before. The difference between getting a shard in time and out of time is doing 1 shard vs 4 shards to be back to the same location. Granted the 3 shards following the 1 failed shard will all not fail either. You need to be very certain you will get the shard in time to not waste 2 hours. Don’t forget if you get a shard your group can’t do well then we are at a stopping point too. I am willing to take this challenge on. BUT as long as it is too high of chance to fail, it will rather be avoided. Def when you already failed 3 shards with golden egg this week. Thats ~6 hours back in time a.k.a. almost 2 weeks -_-. Sorry needed to ramble these personal worries out Metris style :grimacing:

5 Likes