Level scaling really needs to go!

I’m going to go ahead and bow out before this goes off the deep end and gets closed. Again. Lol

1 Like

Thank you @Indiana_Mishka_Jones I appreciate it, but I respect your feelings about the game, I wish we could come to a middle ground!

See, that’s the thing. I feel perfectly fine helping new players lower than me. I can’t one-shot sure, but I’m still able to do things a lvl 1 can’t.

1 Like

But … yes, I do feel weak depending on the area

1 Like

There will always be exceptions, but there have been many people on the forums that agreed with my previous statement.

1 Like

Some good responses from the other times that this topic has been made on the forums

6 Likes

I think I agree with all I saw there. Personally, in a level 0 dungeon, sure, that makes sense. It can be used to train new players. but beyond that, in a shard, raid or in the overworld, it has no place in my opinion. I honestly think it is a primary reason for a lot of players, playing orbus, leaving, and never coming back…

2 Likes

Aye, I know. I just believe level-scaling can be done correctly.

And level-scaling afects over world and non-shards only I thought.

Anyway, topic has been addressed a lot and not much else I can say that hasn’t been said.

Its true… But it’s a topic that keeps irritating the community, so I guess the subject keeps coming up.
I truly believe that the dev’s knew way more what a game was when they designed preborn rather than reborn.

1 Like

Careful not to start a war in this thread x3 OG is a tough subject too. I’m no preborn player so idk

True true, definitely not trying.
It is sensitive, but in here, I only really want to address the level scaling.

Is it possible that this sensitive subject can be handled with difficulty levels that each player could choose? (even if
they change it mid-way for a steep fee perhaps?)

Getting into difficulty sliders in a multiplayer game. I never heard of that being done, only in single players.

Then you get into unfair playing fields as players would grind easier than someone not on easy. If players can choose to make the game easier and less grindy, they would.

1 Like

Just to add; yes level scaling was added for that reason

It is possible in most games, though it often ends up as damage multipliers going in an out, and really nothing else. Person A is on easy mode, therefore takes 50% less damage and deals 100% more damage, whereas Person B is on ‘hard’ mode, and thus takes 100% more damage and deals 50% less damage, etc.

But yes, immediately back into the unfair playing fields, as why wouldn’t you want to turn on easy mode and solo a world boss? Unless there’s some kind of incentive to play on hard (usually achievements), there likely won’t be anyone playing it. Plus, with shards, hm raids, overworld PvP, and a lot of other stuff, simply adding damage multipliers to everything would just be…uninspired?

1 Like

My point is that I am level 30, with a ll this nice gear on, plus tiles. I should easily be able to kill that thing at my level! The level scaling makes it frustrating to play the game rather than having fun like we used to…

1 Like

I can solo it as a warrior and scoundrel, so maybe it’s the class itself? I also know a lot of people who can solo the sorceress group. I agree it shouldn’t be a challenge if you’re a decked out 30 regardless of class.

Agreed!..In this case I am using the shaman and from what I saw, it dishes out huge dps blows, so should definitely be able to kill them.

Shaman sits in one place for the most part while other classes can use the ramp and movement to avoid a lot of hits. I think that alone is a factor too. High dps < survivability lol

It sounds to me then that these things belong in the Wilds where I would kill these with friends. Leaving the over-world where I can solo everything. I don’t come on the game to do quests with friends. To me, that’s what world bosses, dungeons, raids and Wilds are for…
At my level, I should be rewarded by being able to kill everything in the overworld at the very least. Besides world bosses of course…

Are you dodging the bolts?