Allow in game messages to be sent to fellowship members and add new message icon

I would like the ability to send in-game messages to people in my fellowship even if they are not on my friends list. This goes hand-in-hand with my request to add a mute feature to fellowship chat.

This will allow for non-disruptive communication between fellowship members.

It also emphasizes the importance of my previous suggestion of including timestamps on in game messages

Additionally, it isn’t very apparent when a new message is received. I would like an envelope icon added as a circle below the experience bar (like the active bombs or rain) to indicate I have a message waiting.

10 Likes

I’ve asked for this a few times already as well, so I am not really holding up any hope for it being added, but obviously I agree.

Where did you ask this? Can you share the reply?

Both muting (during an important event or high shard) and more possibilities with the messages would be super helpful and solve a lot of current issues regarding communication. That would be awesome to have those!

As examples of the message notification icon (I forgot to mention timestamps in the mockup thread for some reason even though I meant to mention timestamps there):

Muting thing:

I found one where I mention messaging party members, but I think the fellowship one might be way older.

As far as the response: Generally little to no response.

I would like to see it where members of your party have a little more volume and those not in your party stand in the background more.

The volume of conversation is overwhelming at times even when just gathering outside the Player House making plans for the evening. I don’t want to mute the other conversations as lots of information gets passed and those who need help should be able to be heard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.