Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

The new patch is now deployed and the server is back online. In particular:

• The recipe pages for the new potions and the artificing tiles have been unlocked. Some are acquired via questing and the others can be found in the world (but you might have to do something special to see them…)
  • Pinecones weren’t showing up to be harvested in the world, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed a bug with market stalls causing them to bug out if an item for sale wasn’t able to be displayed on the table.
  • The “open menu” gesture should no longer fire if you are actively holding something (like your Harvesting tool)
  • You can no longer pick up items (including loot bags) when you are dead.
  • Fixed the interaction between sliding and teleporting so that now if you slide while out of combat, you won’t be able to also teleport at the same time.

Thanks!

1 Like

I added it to your inventory again. Hopefully it worked that time.

like a said it’s randomly, Sometimes after hours, sometimes 4x in 40 mins

what about my musket? great work with getting those issues fixed deffanitly worth every penny

Okay…if you take a look at this thread Specific Feedback Request: Crashes and Disconnects there are some instructions on sending me more detailed logs for crashses…you probably already have a lot of those folders now, so if you could send me some of them that would be great. Thank you in advance.

Yes but the first time i was in party and the loot just disappeard before i got a res, and Logan was able to see a loot i couldn’t see so maybe the first time something went wrong on my end

What’s your in-game name? Log out and I can put it back for you.

I took an extended vacation from Orbus to give the Devs a chance to add a bunch of content, making my return feel like entering a new game. I love the additions I’ve seen so far. I haven’t made it very far but these are the things I’ve run into so far that may need some tweaking before opening it up to early access.

May have been just a glitch for me but when I first loaded into the starting area there was nobody to speak to until I went into the village. Once there there were all kinds of NPCs with exclamation points over their heads but I had no clue how to talk to them. Somebody informed me to just wave my hands at them. When going back to the first guy I saw leaving the starting area and spoke to him, he sent me back up the stairs. When reentering that area, then the guy had a message telling me to wave my hands at him to speak to him. After completing the beginner tutorial and reentering the village the first guy still had an exclamation point sending me back up to talk to my trainer who had nothing more to teach me. His exclamation point never goes away. You may want to make sure we don’t miss that bit of instruction about hand waving upon entering for the first time.

Vendors Had exclamation points above their heads but no quest. Very confusing. Perhaps instead of exclamation points you just have (Vendor) next to their names and save the exclamation points for quest givers only.

After finishing the training he sent me to the chef with stag meat but, I had a lot of trouble finding him since there was no ? above the head of his apprentice standing out side his house. There was an ! but I wasn’t interested in picking up new quest until I turned in my current one. So it took some wandering around until I found the right person to talk to.

I wouldn’t mind having a different color exclamation point over the heads of the NPCs that have main story quests and another for the side quests.

Perhaps include in the journal a section with some type of legend explaining the symbols above enemy mobs so we know what we can and can’t handle at our current level.

I will post again after i get a little more time in. Keep up the great work guys it’s shaping up to be a great game!

The airship platform in the Balloon city randomly vanishes, making the repair person & airship inaccessible. If you are on the platform you will unable to get down without using ‘Back to Graveyard’ or logging off & back on. The platform may vanish again after logging off & on as well, so back to graveyard is a bit more efficient.

I also sent a bug report.

Yeah we definitely need to clean up those signals with the exclamation marks that aren’t actual quests.

It sounds like what happened is since you made your character a looong time ago it wasn’t in the right spot a new character would be in. Normally with a new character you would have started right next to Guardian Bart so it would have made more sense, haha.

Glad you’re enjoying the game!

Just to be sure, that’s on the newest patch that just went out, right?

Yes, I went to that area shortly after finishing the patch.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Made an edit to my last post to include a few more things. Just wanted to mention it so you wouldn’t miss them. Anything else I find I’ll make sure and make a new post. Thanks

the same name i use on the forums

The bug also seems to affect the graphics of the balloon that you teleport to to go back down, the teleport is still there, but the Balloon behind the teleport also vanishes.

This bug also affects the balloon on the ground that you use to get into the city. Once again, that teleport is still there, but it can be hard to see if you’re using sliding locomotion.

The teleport to the upper platform does vanish when the platform vanishes.

I could be mistaken but I thought potion aging (aside from healing) was added for this test. I have the following potions in my rack which have been aging at least since last night (and most since yesterday afternoon), with no changes yet:

• Bezoula Potion
  • Giant Growth Potion
  • Empowered Strikes Potion
  • Speed Potion
  • Luck Potion
  • Runesmith Sight Potion
  • Chameleon Potion

Some of those should age, but keep in mind the aging process takes days or weeks. The healing potion aging in like 5 hours is just because it’s the easiest one. None of those that will age should have aged at this point.

Also keep in mind that if they don’t age by the time the test is over (and some of those won’t), don’t leave them on the rack or they will spoil by the time the next test comes around (they will keep aging while the server is offline).

Doh! Understood, thanks!

Okay great are you logged off?

1 Like