In-game parser PLEASE!

I’m going to make a request here once again for the devs to add an in-game parser. This has been a topic a number of times in the past.

In light of the knowledge that external parsers are widely available to anyone using a PC, I am requesting feedback from the devs as to why those of us who wish to practice and maximize our performance in the game who do not have a $3000.00 computer system are not able to see what we are doing? The data is already being compiled and is accessible. How hard can it be to put in a practice mode that would show this data to the individual player?

Guilds are routinely pulling this data and setting up events that balance the requirements of the dungeon or raid with the talent on hand. Can we please get this capability for us mear mortal players or least a real response that makes sense in today’s environment as to why not?

5 Likes

ABSOLUTELY. I know I am pretty terrible, and I do spend sometime trying to better my numbers but if I had hard data then I could set goals and know/see that I am making incremental improvements. This would make me a better overall dps player.

1 Like

i think asking the devs for an official parser is pretty far fetched, but i do think that the devs should find a way to save a combat.log to the quest so that players can parse it later on a pc

6 Likes

Eh, might make for a more toxic community. We don’t really want to make most content DPS gated and having that information so easily avaliable might be a bad thing for the community. Saving the combat.log to a PC would be cool, but I don’t think it’s something that Orbus devs have any control over.

1 Like

it is incredibly accessible and dps gated naturally. if you can’t do the damage, you’ll need to get better. just like anything else in life.

2 Likes

If people are gatekeeping, harassing, or insulting due to DPS numbers, that is literally going against the wishes of the Dev Team.

Like Meb said, adding an in-game parser seems a little excessive, but devs adding in a combat log would be a much more reasonable start. I’m not sure what exactly the Quest (2) is capable of regarding developer stuff but hopefully they can have it write combat logs :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is super good news. It allows us to work on our rotation without the need to take up another players time. I know that for me, I prefer to experiment on my own and then collaborate with others. I am so glad we are getting this addition. Thank you dev’s.

1 Like

Wait, what? That post is from Reborn Beta. I linked it in regards to parsers making the community more toxic. It’s already against the rules.

Yes i didn’t see the date. I thought it was a new post.

Can anyone tell me where this combat log resides?

C:\Users\UsernameHere\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\OrbusVR\combat.log

1 Like

This is for those running Orbus via PC?

1 Like

I have heard that Quest does not create/store a combat log, and I have also heard that it does but it is stored behind a developer type of wall that you would need to root your device to access.

Yup. Quest users don’t have a combat log that I’m aware of.

1 Like

Just another pay to play. If you want to be top in the game you have to shell out the bucks for a top of the line computer.

That’s not true in any way shape or form.

3 Likes

You play without a PC?

I have a Quest 2 that I play unplugged on when I’m away from the house, yes. I also know of several mages who play on Quest/Quest 2 that are incredibly fast and will forever pull more DPS than I ever could. I know of several Rangers who play on Quest/Quest 2 that are better than me. I know Scoundrels who play on Quest and do incredibly well.

Just because your headset doesn’t write a text file does not mean you cannot perform well.

2 Likes

Did you get to where you are by putting your rotation together and parsing to see if it worked then trying something different to see if that worked better?

No, I listened to Scott and Richleth and others who know the abilities in game better than I do. Scott has spent so much time testing things that I trust what he says :slight_smile: Sure, I’ll look and see how I’m doing but I don’t change my rotation without talking to somebody who knows better first.

The only times I’ve parsed lately for tests were regarding True Affliction.

2 Likes