Patch 5.5: Pet Breeding,Weapon/Armor Infusing, Pillar Teleporting -- Sprint Four!

Hey there! There is only a chance of a mutation if the most recessive slot of the punnett square is picked (25% chance). Then there is a 50% chance of the recessive trait mutating to a more recessive trait. So a [Brown,green] and [brown,green] could get you a [green,green]. Then if you are lucky, that [green,green] could mutate to a [green,blue].

It will only mutate the most recessive of the two traits to a more recessive trait. So if you have [brown,brown] and [brown,green], the most recessive slot would be [brown,green]. Then if that mutated, it would become [brown,blue].

After the “new” update i still have more than two dragons in my terrarium and a second book.

After leaving your house/coming back?

We didn’t try to fix the book thing yet. But thought the dragons would be fixed.

EDIT: We just double-checked and it seems to be fixed for us unless something else was going on. You might double-check and make sure you actually got the client update. Try restarting your Steam/Oculus store app.

since dragons are tradable does that mean they will drop in the wilds? im pretty sure it would be no but im just making sure

If they are equipped to the Pet Slot they will not drop (just like potions equipped to the tool slot do not), however if you are just carrying around one in your inventory, they will. Note that it only applies to the newly-bred/vendor-purchased ones, Kickstarter backer dragons are still untradable.

Sometimes this is a horror game.
Here I am leveling, just turning 17 and walking up to some monsters outside the mines.
Some spiders killed, then there is a bluetail bunny, and suddenly I hear this scream…can’t locate where from but I hope it’s the bluetail… then again this scream…it was the bluetails new sound. (thank god)
I thought he would sound… well like a bunny or something I guess, he looks like one… He has a cute death sound at least :stuck_out_tongue:
Unexpected because I killed redtails before and they didn’t sound like that, but now I see the patch notes :slight_smile:
Scariest encounter since exploring the tall grass in the jungle area and meeting a big elite inside. 10/10 for that one btw.

3 Likes

Techno Ranger gloves still doesn’t have an icon, along with emerald dye.

The dragons now have a variety of genetic traits, including primary color, secondary color, spot color, size, and type.

When I mouseover the dragon, it shows two colors for Primary and Secondary. Example:

Primary: Brown, Black
Secondary: Brown, Black
Spot: Brown, Black

Is this a bug? Is the Primary Brown and the Secondary Black? What about Spot?

Inventory

On the beta branch, inventory pages that are full are still many pixels in front of the overlay display for items. It still hasn’t been fixed!

Check the wiki, it goes into detail on this. The first color is dominant and the second is recessive. It’s going to be how you figure out how to mutate into new colors and more possibilities. Dominant is what’s show and recessive is mostly for mutating with a chance of becoming dominant.

Then its a display bug!

We tell you both the dominant and recessive for each trait to make the breeding easier, it’s not a display bug, unless I’m not understanding what you’re saying.

I’ll look into the overlay display bug on the full inventory pages, this is the same thing that was causing the “Tool” slots to disappear?

The overall color of the dragon, called the primary is [Brown, Black]. However since Brown is dominant the color the dragon displays should be Brown.

The accent color called the secondary is [Brown, Black]. However since Brown is dominant the color the dragon displays should be Brown.

The spot color is like the second accent color. From what I can see, one affects scales, and the other affects fur/spots/ accent color.

1 Like

Gear Infusions and Affix Rerolling both worked flawlessly for me and the system was intuitive to use. Love the system, this is a major QoL improvement.

4 Likes

The Dragons are pretty cool! Here Daeresha and Chuck offer her new pet a bone:

2 Likes

@Riley_D

Feedback on new sounds. First all love the progress. The new sounds for the red tails makes combat more satisfying, rather than the stale noise before. However the Highsteppe Char dragon doesn’t have sounds (probably intended but just letting ya know)

As for the ambient noises in Highsteppe… there was a high number of people in Highsteppe just now and idk if it was someones mic or the new ‘marketplace ambiance sounds’ but it sounded like no matter where I went in Highsteppe there was a loud-ish mumbling crowd sound. Like a soundtrack of an outdoors restaurant.
I was not a fan of the ambient crowd sound, especially while trying to talk to another player in game. It seemed like I would have to walk far away just to have a regular conversation with a player bc anywhere from the king stags to the graveyard the ambient crowd was just loud enough to be annoying.

Obviously a fix is to lower my ambient volume for now but if in the future should there be birds chirping and leafs rustling I would want to hear those sounds and not have a wave of overpowering crowd voices … this is just in my opinion however.

2 Likes

I agree, I like all the new sound effects added except for the crowed chatter. It seems a bit to modern…

@Riley_D

This may be by design, so I just wanted clarification. Any chance we can do something to remove or transfer artificing tilesets? Obsidian and Linstanium are relatively scarce so it can be expensive to create new sets even though I know how to make them. It would be nice if in the transferring process it also transferred the applied runesets.

@Riley_D

It’s been over 12 hours and my baby dragon has yet to be born.

1 Like

this would be too convenient, what having to breakdown the item that has the artifice set on it to get a random chance at retaining certain mats from the artifice set???

I misunderstood the system since it wasn’t clear.

Yes this is the same thing where more items in the page = the more pixels forward it is until it eventually covers the tool tip.

That would be cool and wouldn’t disturb the economy of mining materials as much.

I placed my dragons in the pen a little after 10am pst and I still don’t have an egg after 16 hours. I made sure that both of them where happy before placing them in pen.

The breeding might be bugged.