Poor game performance since the 9th

Yeah I had heard that beta was better, but ever since I tried it I’ve had issues… now I’m back on non-beta and the issues have remained.

Can I just uninstall the beta files, or should I just do a full reinstall to clear our residual files should they remain?

Just to be safe I’d do a full reinstall. I’ll do the same and see if my issue persists.

1 Like

Okay well the problem with these type of threads is everyone starts to pile on them and it’s likely not the same issue. For example, Draven what it sounds like you are describing is more network lag, unless you’re saying that locally when you moved your wand, the wand itself wasn’t moving quickly. If the wand itself was moving just fine locally, and it was just the spell itself was slow to respond, that was probably just network lag which we are already working on in preparation for this weekend.

Graphical lag would be if like teh whole entire game “skips” (e.g. your local hands skip around).

For Mneumonic Ghost, it sounds like you are just hitting the loading areas. The default branch has the same chunk loading as the Beta now, there’s no difference. You might try a reinstall as requested just to be sure. But the way the new loading system works is, it does more frequent, smaller loads, as opposed to less frequent, large loads, which I would think for most people would be better. What kind of specs do you have on your computer?

Also does that mean you are only experiencing issues when walking through the world large distances (e.g. between villages), but when you are just in one spot or a dungeon things are fine?

I don’t wanna lose my saved data how do I do a safe uninstall?.. anything special?

All of your data is stored server-side, so no worries there. Just do an uninstall using the standard Steam/Oculus process.

Yea Snoopy, mine is much worse than your video. A lot of frame drops.

Devin was the 9th around when you updated your graphics card drivers? I am on 388.59 still, you might try that and see if it helps, can’t hurt to check.

Hey Riley,

I’m at work now so I can’t record a video or get access to my logs until later. But my issue is that when I move my Vive to look around in Highstep and other areas of the game. It definitely is juttering around and dropping frames.

I’ll give it a shot to revert my drivers to 388.59… my other thought was that I enabled Bluetooth on my Vive for the firmware updates… perhaps thats taking up Bandwidth and causing an issue? I’m not getting the same lag in Rec Room as I am currently experiencing in Orbus.

My problem seems to be what you were describing Riley more areas with smaller load times because it is mainly happening when I’m walking in large areas of the map whether that be material collecting or from one city to the next but if I stop and take on an enemy everything seems fine and run smooth

Okay, yeah go ahead and do the reinstall just in case, and then what are the specs on your computer?

Gtx 1060
16gb DDR4
Intel i7 2.8GHz

Do you have an SSD or spinning hard drive?

I have a Hdd 1tb…

It doesn’t happen to be raided is it? I know I ran into issues with Windows resynching my drives and causing all types of load issues until I moved Orbus to another drive.

Yeah, mine was definitely network lag but it doesn’t normally happen and I have a gigabit connection that wasn’t experiencing any issues to my knowledge, so I figured I’d mention, in case it helps. Made T7 squiddie an extra clencher as decurser.

reinstalled game and it seemed to fix the issue for now, ill do more gameplay later (cant now) and ill report back here if I experience and further hiccups. thx all

Just to be sure I do the same. What driver version are you running for your 1060 and are you on beta or standard branch?

im on ver. 388.31 (laptop)

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I did a clean install for nvidia drivers v 388.59. It definitely “fixed” the issue of dropped frames. I once again have smooth gameplay. Looks like the current nvidia driver is breaking performance. I don’t mind using the reverted driver version, but hopefully @Riley_D and team can find a fix before the free weekend. I’d hate to see a bunch of potential players completely disregard the game due to a LOT of dropped frames. And it happened a ton in Highstepe too, right where you come out of the starting area.

It seemed to happen when looking towards lighting effects. I’ll upload a video of my performance pre driver reversion.