Questions for the Dev Dudes V2 (other thread timed out)

The other thread timed out and is now locked so I’ve pulled all the unanswered questions from that thread and from a few of the other Announcement threads which didn’t get answered and put them all in one place, as it’s been almost a month since the last Q&A, if you want to see the answers from the previous Q&A you can find them here:

• Will we see graphic improvements for PCVR? Advanced settings? Please don’t let Quest hold PCVR graphics back
  • Do you plan to address the inconsistencies with the rarities of loot, loot beams and such, see Potato’s post: More consistency in “beam” color for chests and lootbags
  • What class changes do you have planned? Ranger gunna get some love? :wink:
  • You ever going to do something with that wrist slot?
  • Combat logs… Any plans for improving them?
  • Any plans to add more stuff to the API?
  • Are you aware only 2 of the 3 world bosses show up on the API? It seems like something that should be easy to fix and I’ve brought it up before but it never did get fixed
  • What is your favourite thing about reborn? (not all my questions are bad)
  • Could we get a dram cap increase?
  • Can you add a sound for when the dungeon or battleground queue pops up? I’ve missed it sooooooooo many times while on the forums
  • After reading the blog post it says about the raid coming out and mentions the Lore quests from the reputation NPCs, will the rest of the Lore quests be out before the raid? or will they be coming with the raid release? (before if possible as we will want to focus on the raid)
  • I know you’ve said the Reputation levels won’t increase with the next lot of lore quests, right now the weekly missions are important to grind the reputation levels, but once you’ve done that, there isn’t a whole lot of motivation to do them, by now, a year after reborn released there are a lot of players with maxed rep, could we see an increase in rewards from weeklies for those with maxed reputation such as higher exp than daily missions to make up for the reputation we would have gotten if the levels were to carry on?
  • Will you be beta testing the raid like you did for the guild city raid?
  • Are we going to see any fishing improvements? You have to pay more attention than old orbus fishing and get less for the same amount of time
  • How goes the effort to fix Upbeat and the passives on Instruments of Defense and Protection?
  • How much of a shielding effect will Defense and Projectiles be? (10% of dot damage, 50% projectiles [Bard will become super meta on Powered Strikes!] etc) I’m working on a written Bard class guide and things are on hold for the time being on that.
  • Is there any plan to change Paladin in PvP regarding them being able to hammer port quick and far enough to avoid continuing a fight they initiate?
  • What can we do as players to help test things?
  • Do you ever plan to do something with the dragon race so players would use it more?
  • Do you plan to bring back the wilds?
  • Will existing classes receive extensive new content such as those found in suggestion threads? Not specifically, but along the lines of: shamans being able to hold totems and move. More warrior weapons/combos (like DPS warriors). Fixed/updated talent systems? Reworked runemage spells(fireball 3, frost 3, arcane ray, arcane blast)?
  • We’ve seen some “new” and new mobs recently. Can we expect to see this trend continue and fill the world with more diverse combat experiences and enemy models?
  • How do you guys take into account suggestion threads and getting a feel for what the community wants as part of your development cycle? How do you decide what your development cycle is?
  • How aware are you of the looting system and the off-putting inventory nightmare players face?
  • Will we ever have arms and legs?
  • In terms of things the community complains about, what does your priority list look like?
  • Will we see an increase to the stack limit?
  • Can you add a note in the journal saying that the Justice Crescendo gives a Sickness stack in PvP?
  • Will useless talents and abilities be addressed? Like an AoE fireball 3? Arcane Ray? Will you work with the community to discover agreeable fixes?
  • Are you open at all to redesigning some of the existing classes? I mean medium to large changes, not just small tweaks.
  • What would be the class balancing your aiming for?
  • Should all dps be aiming for the same max dps?
  • Should ‘harder’ classes get more dps? if so what makes them ‘harder’ ? how physically demanding it is? how much practice you need to put in? how smart you play the class - for example: positioning, rotation, timing, tilesets ?
  • What do you consider for it as there will always be ‘good’ ‘bad’ and the ugly players so is it balanced for the good players only? or how is it balanced for all the various skills of players?
  • can you make a change to Market Stalls to allow pets and dragons to be seen?
  • Would you consider shared storage between mains and alts or family members? like an extra chest which can only be accessed by those on that account
  • Have you thought about adding “set bonuses” to raid gear?
  • Will there be any changes made to how easily gear fully breaks before it needs repairing?
  • What happened to the 1v1 PvP Arena? Is that still coming?
  • Will you be making changes/expanding on Treasure Hunting in the Overworld or will is be Exactly the same as the DLC version?
  • Will the Island be lvl 30 or level scaled? I would prefer lvl 30 personally so rewards can be aimed accordingly.
  • Will there be a new raid pet and raid mount for us to farm in the new raid at the end of the year?
  • will the hard version of the raid come out around the same time?
  • Are you sticking with normal and hard raids, or are you guys going to revert back to normal, hard, and expert?
  • Character slots - This was on Q&A#1, it wasn’t on the roadmap, I was curious if it’s something that will be done and fitted in between the other bits on the roadmap if and when you get time or if it’s later on the roadmap starting in 2021?
  • Will there be done more about crashing issues for PCVR and Quest users?
  • Can you provide proof of life of @Riley_D? I know he took a step back from forums but we have yet to see any proof that he’s still alive. Before we send the ransom, we need to know he’s okay.
  • When will knuckle support be added?
  • What’s the ratio to catch double fish with luck? 50 points of luck == x%?
  • Can we get more details on the bracers, actual numbers
  • Will you be willing to release info on monster drop tables and item drop rates? This info is really lacking and I think the community as a whole would probably like to see this sort of stuff somewhere
  • Proof of life of Riley. We have the ransom money ready, please just let us know he’s okay!

Also, when should we expect to see the next Q&A Blog post?

10 Likes

+1
also,
Would you consider extremely rare truly Unique gear or transmog items that would be highly sought after by endgame players?

1 Like

Most important question:

Can you provide proof of life of @Riley_D? I know he took a step back from forums but we have yet to see any proof that he’s still alive. Before we send the ransom, we need to know he’s okay.

7 Likes

Question for devs

• Will there be done more about crashing issues for PCVR and Quest users?
1 Like

Bump, been a month and a half since the last Q&A, any ETA on this next one? This week? Next week?

5 Likes

When will knuckle support be added? Since I only play runemage Orbus is now literally unplayable :stuck_out_tongue:

The knuckles also make casting Frost 3 different since I moved from Oculus. Other spells are similar enough, perhaps not Pushback 2 not sure yet. I could speedcast Frost 3 infinitely but it is now a struggle to relearn. It absolutely comes down to position of the wand, possibly the orientation of the controller vs my hand, but where the wand is positioned vs my body. I was wondering if this is due to the difference in controllers (thus perhaps having a different skeleton/angle) or if the knuckles are using the vive controller skeleton which makes the position of the wand incorrect. Kind of sucks it’s not universal since my hand has not changed, just the controller.

You can adjust the weapon position/angle you know…also I too thought originally the wand angle/position is what mattered, but it mostly comes down to the controller and how you hold it, you’d be surprised how little the wand angle/position actually matters for most spells.
For casting its just about relearning muscle memory, for me it helped to loosen the strap and hold at the bottom of the controller instead of the default grip.

1 Like

Only Frost 3 has had a pretty noticeable difference, by a lot. I can still cast it but I suck at it compared to nearly 100% cast rate w/ speed.

Not sure how you are grabbing the controller from the bottom. The ergonomics feel weird like that too since the controller is curved.

As for changing the position/angle, you can… but you can’t. Via Steam, I wouldn’t know how to replicate the Oculus Skeleton. Via Orbus the in-game adjustment is a joke, grabbing the item and repositioning it in the air is only useful for bulky stuff like tools/class abilities, and not things you need to finely aim and control like wands. Not scientific at all such as setting a number value and offering information about what the defaults for Oculus, etc are. Might be a local file somewhere though I suppose.

Like i said in my other reply, you’d be surprised how little the angle actually matters, so for that the in-game adjustment is more than good enough. It really doesn’t need to be super precise.
For frost 3 you’ll just need to practice more again and get used to the new controllers.

2 Likes

Here’s the angle of the wand when I hold my arm straight out. On Oculus, the bars are on top. Harder to see the other small angle differences besides the left/right rotation thanks to the hp bar. I understand adaptation is not insurmountable, but I refuse to say it doesn’t matter. The muscles being used are also different, and it just in general feels awkward to twist my arm so far to the left. The default skeleton should be much better than this.

The in-game weapon adjustment definitely helped immensely. I despise the fact that I can’t select the rotation by number…or that it doesn’t give me a holograph of the default positioning (to include distance away from me). But it should be workable, just extremely meh to the maximum.

I noticed this much earlier on but for anyone else moving from Oculus: Ensure your vive or index is flattened against your face by pushing it in or casting will be hell for you.

After loosening the hand-strap where it doesn’t touch my hand anymore, holding it from the bottom, and carefully adjusting the wand location - these babies seem to cast even better than the Oculus controllers. Like, somehow, significantly easier (although still different & still adjusting). In particular my D-cast has never been this good or easy, which might say something about the weapon adjusting but I feel it has more to do with the controller shape themselves (better grip & stays flat effortlessly). Pushback, while never hard, also is noticeably easier. Frost 3 is basicallllly back again and pushback 2 is getting there. Still struggling to be as good as I was before with a few spells like fireworks/polymorph. I can also see better with the index but that should only matter a little bit.

Default skeleton should definitely still be better but thanks for the tips!

Now if only we could strafe…

2 Likes

We’ll have the next Q&A post up later this week, just wanted to let folks who have been wondering know.

10 Likes

well… we got 10-11 questions answered out of those :zipper_mouth_face:

when will we hear more about the new perks?

1 Like

My guess would be next week

1 Like

Yea noticed that…

Found Something Intriguing

If you are native to Steam your contollers are bound at 45 degrees up like you were holding a vive wand instead of an oculus touch.

this actually makes it easier to cast Frost 3 but makes other spells more tricky … I wonder if “Hardest Spell” discussions are based more around what wand orientations people are using and less the spells themselves.

for example Frost3 when at 45 deg angle if I rotate wrist to Pronation it is in line to just push forward

but if in touch pistol grip you need to modify your angle to account for that 45 degree disparity which leads me to almost pointing my thumb at my chest to cast frost 3.

Food for Thought

Edit: nevermind this is probably intended. Keeping post below tho.

“g” rune

This rune as far as the community has surmised is a rune that procs when your hits are < 1.5 seconds each (or casting delay?). However, going below 1 second makes it fail to proc.

So it’s really a 1-1.5 second delay rune. (apparently 1-1.99 per Potato)

Intentional values or not?

Spoilers

it is 1-1.99 seconds of delay, not the commonly thought 1.5 hits per second. Going faster and you’ll start procing the M rune or 2 hits per second, there is a narrow speed window where neither will proc, but for the most part it’s not really an issue.

Ah thought it was 1.5?

I use M/N but having the G rune in the arsenal while not required, would be an addition.

What’s the ratio to catch double fish with luck? 50 points of luck == x%?

2 Likes