We put out the Dev blog post today but I didn’t have room on there to answer all the questions, so I answered more here.
- The current theory is that Strength adds approximately .03% extra physical damage per point, and Intel adds approximately .03% magical damage per point. Can you confirm those numbers?
Yes that is correct
- Will we see graphic improvements for PCVR? Advanced settings? Please don’t let Quest hold PCVR graphics back
With each each new content we try to improve the overall graphics of the game (not just for PCVR but for all users in Orbus). I personally feel like the DLC showed this off with more diverse environments, new creatures, etc. and we plan to continue that with the new future content.
Yes this is on our bug list
- Combat logs… Any plans for improving them?
Yes I want to include the current class a player is playing in the combat logs, but this is a lower priortiy and something that won’t come until 2021
- Any plans to add more stuff to the API?
Yes, with the patch on 11/12/20, we added some additional API endpoints for the Auction house and the Market stalls for community created tools.
- Are you aware only 2 of the 3 world bosses show up on the API? It seems like something that should be easy to fix and I’ve brought it up before but it never did get fixed
Yes we are aware and is on our bug list
- What is your favourite thing about reborn? (not all my questions are bad)
Has to be the community and how willing they are to accept and help new players (if your asking about Orbus in general), if your asking specifically about the differences between original Orbus and Reborn then I think my favorite new thing is the new types of missions (dragon racings, critter capture, etc). While they have been out for over a year and are old news for the veteran players, its fun sitting inside of Sicilus dragon shop downstairs and watching new players flying their dragons for the first time.
- After reading the blog post it says about the raid coming out and mentions the Lore quests from the reputation NPCs, will the rest of the Lore quests be out before the raid? or will they be coming with the raid release? (before if possible as we will want to focus on the raid)
I went back and tried finding the blog post but didn’t see it recently so this could be another older question, but the Lore quests will be out after the Raid (if you are asking about the lore quests from the mission vendors), there will be a new short questline coming out with the raid though to explore some of the lore surrounding Markos and the Citadel.
- I know you’ve said the Reputation levels won’t increase with the next lot of lore quests, right now the weekly missions are important to grind the reputation levels, but once you’ve done that, there isn’t a whole lot of motivation to do them, by now, a year after reborn released there are a lot of players with maxed rep, could we see an increase in rewards from weeklies for those with maxed reputation such as higher exp than daily missions to make up for the reputation we would have gotten if the levels were to carry on?
The first of the year we will be making some changes to the Mission vendors and their Reputation levels. While we will see an increase in the reputation levels for the mission vendors, we will also be limiting the amount of “saved” missions you can keep stockpiled. We have discussed this before publicly, and we will give a lot of lead time for players before making any changes (which won’t be coming until next year).
- How goes the effort to fix Upbeat and the passives on Instruments of Defense and Protection?
This will be coming when we do a balance pass on the Tank and Healers
- How much of a shielding effect will Defense and Projectiles be? (10% of dot damage, 50% projectiles [Bard will become super meta on Powered Strikes!] etc) I’m working on a written Bard class guide and things are on hold for the time being on that.
We will be able to give out more information on where the balancing of the healer, support, and tank classes after the balance pass
- Is there any plan to change Paladin in PvP regarding them being able to hammer port quick and far enough to avoid continuing a fight they initiate?
Yes the Palidan hammer slingshot was not intended the way it has worked out being used, and we will be taking a look at it when we do the healer/tank pass
- What can we do as players to help test things?
Just keep providing feedback of what isn’t working, whats working but no fun, etc. I honestly have no complaints when it comes to the community and the amount of feedback or bug reports we receive. We might not be able to get to them all right away but it is good to see them come in so we can prioritize them and work through them.
- Do you ever plan to do something with the dragon race so players would use it more?
We are planning on adding in more races, but I think you mean things like free flying or something of that manner which we don’t currently have any plans on adding.
- Do you plan to bring back the wilds?
We don’t currently have any plans on bringing back the wilds where it was forced PvP
- Will existing classes receive extensive new content such as those found in suggestion threads? Not specifically, but along the lines of: shamans being able to hold totems and move. More warrior weapons/combos (like DPS warriors). Fixed/updated talent systems? Reworked runemage spells(fireball 3, frost 3, arcane ray, arcane blast)?
We will continue to try and improve the existing classes as well as look forward to future classes, and have already made some tweaks to a few of the existing class talents when we did the DPS balance pass, but I don’t want to promise making any fundamental changes to the classes.
- How do you guys take into account suggestion threads and getting a feel for what the community wants as part of your development cycle? How do you decide what your development cycle is?
We talk about the threads that are aligned with what we currently are working on during our team meetings, as well as the general wants/likes/dislikes of the community also during the meetings. As far as development cycle goes we generally have some longer term plans that we are working towards and include some of the QOL improvements or bug fixes that the community reports while working towards those goals.
- How aware are you of the looting system and the off-putting inventory nightmare players face?
I’m going to assume this is asking about the lack of storage space with the amount of items the players acquire, like the amount of capes, pets, mounts, etc that can not be broken down and transmoged like armor, along with the lack of storage space some players have that have stockpiled a lot of ingredients. We have added additional storage tabs to the main player chest, and implemented other things like the breaking down of tinkerer blueprints to try and free up some space in players inventory but are still aware of it.
- In terms of things the community complains about, what does your priority list look like?
Id say our top 5 priorities currently are: Citadel Raid out in Dec along with the Winter Festival, Fix Invisible players bug, Fix the bug with muting players with the new VOIP system, Upgrade the Quest 2 graphics to make more use of the processing power, and healer/tank balance pass along with fixing broken mechanics of those classes.
- Will we see an increase to the stack limit?
I can’t answer that yes or no as we haven’t looked into it yet, so I will side with no currently.
- Can you add a note in the journal saying that the Justice Crescendo gives a Sickness stack in PvP?
Yes we can, I will pass this on so we can get that in game.
- Will useless talents and abilities be addressed? Like an AoE fireball 3? Arcane Ray? Will you work with the community to discover agreeable fixes?
Are these still considered “useless” after the DPS balance pass we made? For the second half of the question, yes, we will always work with the community when working on all things Orbus.
- Are you open at all to redesigning some of the existing classes? I mean medium to large changes, not just small tweaks.
I feel like I sorta addressed this in a different question above, but no I’m not willing to promise any fundamental changes to the existing classes.
- can you make a change to Market Stalls to allow pets and dragons to be seen?
We can look into this, I’m not sure currently why they don’t appear since it has been a while since we have made changes to the market stalls. I know there was a bug before that was causing nothing to appear on the market stalls other then potions and that was fixed when we worked on the furniture house placement so you should see other ingredients and such appear.
- Would you consider shared storage between mains and alts or family members? like an extra chest which can only be accessed by those on that account
We don’t currently have any plans on adding something like this, currently the only shared chest in game is the fellowship chest.
- Have you thought about adding “set bonuses” to raid gear?
We have discussed this but have no current plans on them coming on the upcoming Citadel Raid
- What happened to the 1v1 PvP Arena? Is that still coming?
I know Riley spoke about this some time ago, but we are not currently working on it to bring it into game, but are planning on working on some PvP related content in 2021.
- Will there be a new raid pet and raid mount for us to farm in the new raid at the end of the year?
- When will knuckle support be added?
You can currently use the knuckles to play Orbus, but we are aware of the issues with the bindings and plan to take a look at it when we have time.
- Will you be willing to release info on monster drop tables and item drop rates? This info is really lacking and I think the community as a whole would probably like to see this sort of stuff somewhere
This is something that we can look into sharing, though it would probably be in a limited context. I will speak with the team at our next meeting and see how we want to address this and where that information would best be exposed.